Sign in to follow this  
Stippy

Greetings from Memphis!

My real, full name is Stipan Jozic, yes I am not American, I am originally from Croatian, and moved here to Memphis in 1999, and have lived here ever since.

I would like to be associated with the 501st sometime later on, but as of now the only one I am affiliated with is the 405th Infantry Division. So I am not a new comer when it comes down to building suits, sculpting, and manufacturing suits.

I am currently in Memphis, Tennessee. About 5 minutes away from Dexter Middle School.

I have know about the 501st since I knew about the 405th. And lets just say thats a pretty long amount of time.

I'm requesting to join this board to have a better knowledge of working with a Clone, or Trooper suit. I have always wanted to have the Boss Suit, but I just don't know what path to take with making a suit like his. Most approaches I take involve Pepakura, and then gluing and then working with fiber glass and bondo. I would like to one day march along some of the members, and get associated with some of the people around me, since I haven't found one soul close to me that is into costuming. Well I hope to see some of you and your nice suits one day, thank you for reading and hope to see you soon.

-Stipan Jozic.

Stipan, welcome! We have several folks in your area that troop on a regular basis. Just watch the boards for events that come up, and feel free to come out and meet us.

I would recommend you also register for clonetroopers.net. There is a wealth of information there. DO NOT start a post asking where to buy armor....that will get you flamed pretty quickly. Rather, use the search button on the forum and spend some time reading existing posts. You will find the information that you are looking for.

Thanks Dune! I had no intentions on buying a suit, possibly only a helmet. I will keep watch on the board to see if anyone around has something planned. I would really just like to know from some of the surrounding members what is the best way they went about getting theirs, and possibly how I would be able to do the same.

Thanks for the information! Hope to see you one day!

Hey Stippy,

I'm pretty close to Memphis - I live in Olive Branch, MS and am a member of the Rancor Raiders Garrison in Mississippi but would be glad to help out any way I can. I just trooped the Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention and plan to hit as many local Memphis troops as possible so feel free to come out and chat.

Here is a shot of my TK at the Memphis Con, I just finished it this past June and have been making mods pretty much after every troop...

with_chicks.jpg

Also - go to the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment and register, you can get TONS of info on the Stormtrooper build on thier boards!

if your talking about making your own set of armor,forget it.

not worth the time.way too much work to make a set even close to what we can get.

plus,if it even looks less then what the masses are wearing,it likely wont be eligible for membership.

something like a republic commando would be more work,but a pep suit done well would have a better chance for membership.

if you just want a trooper helmet,those can be located on the legion forum occasionally.some of the smaller members are switching out to another version and selling their helmet that came with the kit.

Oh, Hey! More Memphis peoples! Cool. If you need any help lemme know

Oh, Hey! More Memphis peoples! Cool. If you need any help lemme know

I'll be sure to ask alot of things! Well I'll be getting a KS BS bucket in a bit, and making my own blaster for it also.

Thanks for all the info guys. And yes I know that a RC is alot of work from pep to finish, but I like to have my work cut out for me.