Sign in to follow this  
Trout

New TKC in training from Murfreesboro

Hi all, my name is Jason Suerstedt, and I am married with 2 small children. I am currently ordering parts to build a new TKC, and I am itching to get started as my Jango build has been very slow going due to my tendency to not settle on parts that are not the most accurate. I will finish it one day, and I am working on that one slowly as I find the parts.

I decided that I wanted to build a Stormtrooper with my 4 year old sons guidance B), and when I saw pictures of some people in the commander paint scheme over on whitearmor, I was hooked. I have a set of AM armor on the way, and my hopes are first to join the 501st, and then shoot for EIB. I know that I will have to replace the AM bucket for EIB, but will get started with the one that it comes with. Because my end goal is Expert Infantry, I am doing the armor build with that in mind. I believe there is only one EIB TKC, and I am shooting for the second spot. With the requirements changing a bit, and the video game being the only reference now, I have my work cut out for me, but it will be fun.

I am looking to get involved with the 501st because I saw an article online about some members a charitable event, and that is right up my alley. I love charity work and Star Wars, so why not mix them up? The look on the children's faces when they were seeing their favorite characters in real life is too much for me to pass up. I am currently on several 501st forums and TDH under the same screen name, but I am not a member yet... but hope to be soon!

I currently live in Murfreesboro, TN, but I grew up in Biloxi, MS. I have been here for 9 years now, and love it here. We are right here by some world class hiking and whitewater, so I can not think of a better place to live.

I was directed here on my intro post on Whitearmor, and I am looking forward to one day joing your ranks. I am requesting access to get advice on my build from the experts, and to meet people with similar interests as me. I can not wait to get to know you all.

Let me know if you want to know more, and I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jason, welcome! Thank you for your detailed post. We have several folks that can guide you as you work towards building your armor. I feel your pain on the Jango build as I am in the middle of one myself. Keep your eyes open for upcoming prop parties and events. It would be great to meet you and your son in the near future. Again, welcome.

What up Jason! I'm right down the road, in Shelbyville. Tech (Our Lando!) lives in Murfreesboro.

You like the outdoors, eh? You will have to join the Middle TN crew for our next outing.

Welcome! There are some great costumers in this area, I'm sure you're gonna find lots of help and advice! Glad to have you with us.

Welcome aboard, good luck with the builds!

Hey all,

It has been a while since I have been on here with real life and working getting in the way of my hobby :) I have since decided against going with a TKC, and go for the OT with a Sandtrooper. The combinations of ROTJ, ANH, lightsaber's etc on the TKC were driving me nuts, so I am going with a more standardized suit.

I have everything I need now with the exception of parts for the backback, but that will be incoming soon. Now to get building... I have a T-21 on the bench right now!

So, I am now a future Sandy reporting in... again ;)