Sign in to follow this  
SithLord66

What is thy bidding, my Master?

Greetings, I am David Hester from Cleveland TN. I have been interested in Star Wars for a long,long time. Now the dark side is calling me to join it. After seeing some members from the 501st at Dragon*Con last year it was all the motivation I needed to get my suit together, currently building a Darth Vader suit (based from ESB movie). Its almost finished too, this build rivales my Predator build in cost. But if your going to build Vader you gotta have the best stuff for looks and accuracy right, what's the saying "go big or go home", lol... I'm not new to costuming and am a member of "www.The Hunters Lair.com" where I've built my own Predator suit, I go by "Marvel Zombie" there. I also went to Connooga 2010/2011 suited up as a Predator and got to see some of you in costume. Besides being a member of The Hunters Lair, I am a member of Fan Force (Chattooine) and am over on the Sith Lord Detachment also. I enjoy costuming and I'm very excited about getting this finished soon and joining the 501st! I look forward to getting to know the members here also. "You don't know the Power of the Darkside!" ~David~ (A few photos of me in my Predator suit below)0220101704-00-picsay.jpgcon-nooga-121-1024x768.jpg182223_144374302291503_100001568021390_293408_3524094_n.jpg198391_1864530049719_1135021872_32309277_3668445_n.jpg

Welcome to the MSG David. I saw your predator at Connooga, great looking suit!

Can't wait to see your Vader, post pics when you can.

Feel free to come out to an event sometime and introduce yourself.

Glad you made it over, David! Also, glad you got to come out to the Athens MoD event yesterday.

David's going to be a great Vader. He's done the research and has gone through the Sith Detachment for the contacts he needs for all the various parts. Just a matter of time now and we'll have another brother in the MSG!

Met david at conooga as well.looking forward to hanging out with ya when your not drunk and wearing predator contacts. :(

and yep..Vader is expensive.

Greetings my brother for I am honored you are going to be among us. Now in my best Emperor my voice, "Rise my friend. Do what must be done Lord Vader. Do not hesitate and show no mercy."

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm afraid I havent had the pleasure yet Skip(SL100) that wasnt me at Connooga that you saw "drunk" it was likely my friend Austin pictured in the bottom photo with me(P2 Copper Predator). He is in his early 20's and does as most like to do at that age (nothing wrong with it). I havent "drank" for 18 years since getting out of the Army (infantry). I'm sure your a cool guy to "hang" out with though. Yes Vader is another expensive hobby of mine. I had a great time in Athens at the MoD event yesterday cant wait to be in the 501st and MSG! I like that quote too Alex.

Welcome and feel free to post progress pics of your build. Hope to meet you soon. Great Pred!

that was him,musta got the names mixed up.i dont drink much either.too difficult to costume and drink. :unsure:

good to hear your researching the suit.so many people chose the rubies-upgrade method.but you end up replacing everything by the time its over.Let me know if you need any pointers,ive had a Vader for almost 10 years now.

Thanks Tambo, Squirrel. Skip(sl100),I paid for Austin and his best friend Zack's hotel room for there Con stay. It was my way of saying thank you for all there help. Zack is usually our handler when we are in our Predator costumes. I went home every night so if they got a little carried away at night I didn't know, glad you got to run into them though. There both good kids and are in the military reserves. But enough of that let's talk costuming and Vader. No I didn't make the mistake of buying a rubies. I've always tried to do my research on stuff before charging head long into things. I've posted a build thread over on the Sith Lord detachment and purchased all top tier stuff for my Vader build. The Sith Lords there have said this is going to be Awesome, so I feel I'm doing things right. Everything is paid for just waiting on a couple things being finished up and then I will post photos of my Vader. You've been doing Vader for 10 years wow, im sure you know then how much fun it is to be the coolest Sith in the galaxy.

SL-4647 is ready to serve the Empire! My Darth Vader is now approved! :) Official "501st Legion" member and the newest member of the MidSouth Garrison and the Mos Nooga Squad!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7oqZ-_-O6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player] Long live the Legion!

Congrats David. Great looking Vader you have. Was my pleasure to approve it. Looking forward to meeting you and trooping with you in person sometime.

Thanks Luke! Looking forward to meeting and trooping with you and all the other members of the garrison.

Welcome to the Mos Nooga Squad Family Dave. We are honored to have you among us brother.

I know ive thanked everyone thats left all the comments on my facebook page but want to say thanks for the welcome here too. I hope to make you proud to call me....Lord Vader.

Welcome to the garrison David! From one Vader to another, May the dark side of the force be with you.... ;)