Hey everybody,

Name is Greg Yates. Live in McMinnville, TN.

Been a Star Wars fan for 30+ years after seeing ANH in theaters. Enjoy the movies, most novels, Celebrations, costuming.

Have a custom made Obi-wan costume that I've worn for last 2 years at Halloween.

At CV, I won a TK Helmet for the Make-A-Wish auction and decided to get full armor before CVI. Been active on the FISD forums for the past 2 months and from there, I ordered AM armor. Armor is still in the magical "brown box" cause I've been reading a lot of posts on different builds before I start. Several people recommended connecting with the local garrison so here I am.

Welcome to the MidSouth Garrison Greg. We have a lot of members with knowledge building TK's. Feel free to come out to an event sometime and introduce yourself and hang out with us.

Welcome Greg! The FISD is a great place, and hopefully you can meet up with some of the guys here to give you pointers as well.

Welcome aboard!

Normally I would recommend people connect with the detachment of their costume choice, but you're a few steps ahead of the game, good on you! Start a build thread if ya feel it in the costume section, always a magical feeling opening those special brown boxes!

Thank you everyone. Looking at upcoming events, might be able to make the autism walk in Sept. My wife has a nephew with autism so she is definitely interested. May not have armor ready by then cause I got a lot of projects going but we could still help out and meet everyone.

Wow, those are old pics for sure... Welcome to our little group... see you around sometime.