kytk

hello from Louisville

It has taken me sometime to finally get tho the MSG board. My name is Mark and I live in Louisville KY and starting the process of building a TK. I am hopping to get this done by Celebration VI next summer. It is has taken me a while because most of my work has been for my two sons. I have built a few Jawas and most recently finished a set of wolf pack clone armor for my son. I know how much work is involved but wold appreciate any help or input from local members. I have been on whitearmor.net for sometime trying to decide what kit to get to start a TK. Look forward to meeting you guys

Hello from another Louisvillian! I personally have an IC rather than a TK, but its still good to have you aboard. And good on you for going ahead and joining the FISD, there is just tons of information there on the stormtrooper, of course because it is the detachment.

But yes, welcome aboard, come out to some events, and let's all get to know each other. This Saturday there is an event in Lexington at the Joseph Beth booksellers, and in September there will be a diabetes walk I'm sure, but more info will be posted closer to time.

Hello from yet another Louisvillian. Like Ben I don't know a lot about white armor but as I undersatnd the TK should be easier than the clone armor you've already done. We do have some great armor builders around Paducah so hopefully they'll chime in. In addition to the Lexington event this weekend we're also hoping to troop the Diabetes walk and Light the Night walk here in Louisville this Fall. Hope to meet you real soon!

Mark, glad to see you found the forum after our emails back and forth. As has already been mentioned, coming out to an event and see the costumes in person is always good. It will give you a feel for what you might want to get in to. See you around and welcome!

Welcome to the boards Mark. The guys on the FISD will definitely steer you in the right direction. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I know that the new AM kits are more like clone armor to assemble as far as sizing it down to fit you. If you luck up and find an FX kit for sale, then that kit is supposed to go together much more smoothly. They are kind of rare to come by though. The biggest advice is research research research. Much better knowing the process before you start then figuring out you've down something wrong when you are a few steps down the road.