mindphunk

Hello From Derby City

Hey guys. My name is Michael Penning and I'm interested in joining the 501st. I'm about to order an AM kit after selling my FX that I completed a few years ago. I have also previously built a Boba Fett. I decided to update and start all over after realizing that my former armor would never make the cut without several updates as everything looked like a very unprofessional build.

I could use a little help with this one if anyone is interested? Is there a local build day or anything like that in Louisville? I'll be trooping in New Orleans for Halloween and would like get it knocked out by then.

Edit: I evidently can't follow directions. I heard about this garrison from www.whitearmor.net

Hey Michael. Welcome to the MSG. While I have not put together and AM kit, I have heard they are a real bear to put together. Since you are familiar with whitearmor.net, you might try looking at all of your armor options. I know we used to have an FX contact for armor, but I don't think that is an option anymore. Once again, welcome aboard.

Welcome Mihael. Show us pics of your other suit and Fett.

Welcome Mihael. Show us pics of your other suit and Fett.

I don't think I have any pics of my Fett. I sold it a few years ago. I planned on doing another but I sold my Jango Wes boots and Spidey Blaster to fund my trooper build. I'll get some of the old trooper pics up though.

Hey Michael. Welcome to the MSG. While I have not put together and AM kit, I have heard they are a real bear to put together. Since you are familiar with whitearmor.net, you might try looking at all of your armor options. I know we used to have an FX contact for armor, but I don't think that is an option anymore. Once again, welcome aboard.

From what I understand, AM has is a fan sculpt that has replaced FX but is more detailed. I'm sure its a pain to piece together plus I'm a whole 5'7'' so there's some trimming involved.

Welcome to the forums Michael. I'm up here in Louisville too. I don't know anything about building armor but if you just need an extra set of hands to hold things and help you fit the armor I'm happy to help. Feel free to PM me.

Welcome to the forums Michael. I'm up here in Louisville too. I don't know anything about building armor but if you just need an extra set of hands to hold things and help you fit the armor I'm happy to help. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks, bud.

Welcome from another Louisvillian. I'm working on a bounty hunter, so I have some armor knowledge, but building a tk would definitely be something new for me. If you can, come out to the JDRF walk Oct. 22nd, its at Churchill Downs, the event lead (captain midnight) and another 501ster (sgt dark) both have tk-style armor, blackhole and sandtrooper respectively, and looking at it in person will give you a better feel for how it will go together.

If you've any more questions, shoot me a pm if you want.

Take care and welcome aboard!