MandoAl

Hello from Murfreesboro

Hello, my name is Allan Lane, I'm 31 and I'm from Murfreesboro. I've known about the 501st for a long time. Recently though after watching the Star Warriors documentary on the Star Wars Blu-ray and hearing the stories of the individual members, I am seriously interested in joining. I will be honest thought, I haven't a clue on where to even start on making the armor. I'm actually looking to have my first armor set be clone but if its better to start with regular trooper then I'll definately do that.

Welcome Allan. My suggestion would be to come out to some of the events, and introduce yourself. See what we do, see the armor up close, and see if that interests you. Generally, a clone is not the first costume you start with unless you have some good assembly skills. But, that does not mean you can't try that first. Most people opt to go with a Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Imperial Officer, or something of similar skill level. Don't worry about trying to hunt down an armor kit right now...we can help you solve that problem down the road.

Welcome to the MSG Allen, as Dune suggested come out and meet us at an event. You will get to see the costumes close up and see what we do in person.

Cool, thanks for the advice and info. I will try to keep an eye on the events posts to see what coming up. I would love to meet you guys and see what being in the 501st is all about.

Other new guy from Murfreesboro! Hi Allan. My name is John. I just joined yesterday. Cool to hear about someone else from Murfreesboro interested in the 501st.

I know, I was a little bummed when looking on the 501st website the closest person to the Boro was Antioch maybe Lavergne.

Hey, I'm in Antioch! LOL.

I know, I was a little bummed when looking on the 501st website the closest person to the Boro was Antioch maybe Lavergne.