Sign in to follow this  
GreySkull

A Big Hello to MidSouth!

First off my name is Jeremy Hopper.

I've never been in the 501st or done any real costuming. I am a huge Star Wars fan, ever since I was a child. It has always been a dream of mine to join the 501st, but until recently I never knew anyone who belonged or was active in such things.

Skip and I work together, but until about last month, neither of us knew we shared a common interest. He found out that I had recently gotten a Stormtrooper tattoo on the back of my leg, then I find out Skip is 501st...YAY!

:angry:

So a long story short, in the span of just a couple of weeks, I've gone from dreaming to having been given the opportunity to troop with MSG on two separate occasions. Big thanks to Skip for letting me use his Rex outfit!

I'm planning on a TIE pilot outfit for my first costume. After the Make A Wish event, I spent the entire weekend scouting the Jolly Roger Squadron's forums and have identified a source for just about everything. I already have a Don Post Classic Action helmet, I just haven't decided if I'll use it or get a new one.

I'm really glad to be here and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you in the future! The people I've met already are wonderful!!

I am excited to be here and ready to learn as much as I can!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, it was nice to meet you Saturday. Feel free to come out to our events anytime, even without a costume and just hang out with us.

Listen to Skip, he'll steer you right with the Tie pilot.

Good to meet you, sir. What part of town do you live in?

Welcome Jeremy! Looking forward to trooping with you at an event.

Welcome to the brood recruit! Your sentiments for Star Wars are echoed throughout these halls, as we've all given answer to the magnetic call of the outter rim rainbow. Buckle your belts, cause few if any can stop at just one uniform. :wacko: Its a kind of happiness that ya just can't get anywhere else.

Congratulations on making contact. Skip kicks ass, and he's got a decades' worth of knowledge & boot-time to learn from.

Dark