dpkrause

New Guy in Chattanooga

Saw your display in Coolidge Park at the Green Life Fair and was impressed.

Let me start off with: hello, my name is Dan. I live in the Chattanooga area and am interested in hanging out and learning about your group.

Welcome to the boards Dan. The Chattanooga group is a great bunch of folks and I'm sure they would love to have you come out to an event and hang out sometime. If you have any questions about anything 501st related, feel free to ask away and we will do our best to give you a helpful answer.

Hi Dan,

You are most welcome to come and hang out with us anytime. We do have a couple of events coming up. The first is a March for Babies at Camp Jordan this Sunday and then on Saturday the 12th we have the Walk for Hearing at the Riverpark. Just check the threads here under Event Planning -MosNooga Squad for details. Hope to see you!

I have absolutely no gear yet. Is there a local meeting I can attend to get a feel for the group and what it takes to put a kit together?

Welcome Dan, our folks in Chattanooga will steer you in the right direction.

Welcome.

I'm pretty new to the group myself and am currently putting my first suit together. Best thing to do is check the event forums and just come hang out and talk with the troops. Next you need to decide what suit to make, then what maker for the suit, and then it goes from there. Early warning it's not cheap and it takes a lot of work but it's so rewarding and totally worth it, in my opinion. If you have an idea of what you wanna build let me know, I have price listing and summaries for a lot of the kits from when I was shopping around. Best advice I can give you, was given to me here: Take your time, do your research, don't impulse buy.

Here is the page that lists all the different detachments and their forums (stormtroopers, clone troopers, Snow troopers, ect)

http://www.501st.com/resources.php

A Stormtrooper (TK) can run you ~$700 and up and is a decent amount of work.

A basic Clone Trooper (CT or TC) can run you ~$700 and up and is a lot of work.

keep in mind these are average prices and represent the low end, you can very easily put well over $1,000 into a suit.

AVOID EBAY AT ALL COSTS! There are a lot of low quality re-casts out there and a fair amount of shifty dealers. You'll find a lot of listings saying they have 501st approved suits for sale and it usually just isn't true.

Good luck, serve proudly.

You got an amazing group of troopers in your AO Dan! Nice to see your interest in getting into the plastic-fantastic with the brood! :) The folks in tha Noog are some of the finest troopers in the legion! Your in good company for getting started sir!

Welcome!

Welcome to the MSG Dan, stay in contact with the Nooga bunch down there, they won't steer you wrong, they are all a great bunch of folks, well except that one guy, but you know (joking) They are all great and won't lead you wrong.

Also no gear doesn't mean no fun. We always need what we call handlers at troops, basically people in plain clothes watching the backs of the costumed people. So no excuses, go to the the next event :)

Greetings and welcome. We in the Mos Nooga Squad is one happy family.

Glad you're interested in joining the forces of the Empire! The medical plan could be better, but oh... The places and things you'll see...

Hope to meet you soon.