ThatOddJoe

Introduction for Joseph Fyffe

Hello everyone! My name is Joseph Fyffe. I go by Joe. I live in West Liberty, KY. Some of you may be familiar with my town. It was completely destroyed by an F4 tornado on March 02, 2012. I have known about the 501st Legion for some time. I am requesting access to the MidSouth Garrison discussion boards because I am very much interested in becoming a member. I have been participating with volunteer work for the past two decades. I served in the U.S. Navy for ten years as a cryptographer. I have been volunteering with various projects locally here in West Liberty, KY since the tornado's destruction of our town.

I am scheduled for brain surgery this Friday, 11/09/12 at the UK Hospital in Lexington, KY. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor almost two months ago. I may not be able to respond for some time after surgery, but as quick as I can recover enough to get on my laptop I will be able to respond to any posts or questions at that time.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration.

Regards,

Joe

all the best to you on the upcoming surgery. welcome to the MSG and i look forward to trooping with you soon.

i have heard of West Liberty but where is it close to?

Redbeard

Know west Liberty. Remember your town's trials from the storms, Joe. Admire you greatly for your service, and your

community involvments, sir. Eager to meet you and see you get into a costume that makes you smile. And I wish you the very best during your procedure, with a great recovery. There will be plenty of cool stuff and folks to talk too when your ready.

Welcome Joe! Glad you've taken an interest in the 501st, always happy to have new members. We may have met, I've done 2 troops in West Liberty (Rebel Pilot) and everyone I met was so nice. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Keep us posted and May the Force Be With You.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and the well wishes. Redbeard, the closest major town to West Liberty would probably be Morehead, KY. I very much look forward to trooping with all of you fine folks sometime in the near future!

Welcome Joe! And thank you for your service to our country. Comfort and healing to you for your procedure.

Welcome Joe! I wish you the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery!

Glad to have you Joe, Im actually not that far from you, I grew up in Breathitt Co and worked at the post office over in Vancleve for a couple years.

Hope all goes well with the surgery, we will glad to have you when you get back to full running speed. Be sure to go ahead and put the Lexington Comic Con on your calendar for St. Patricks weekend next year. It should be a big event for us and a great chance to meet alot of people.

I think another one of our member TK-Tim was a cryptographer in the navy also. He is from Lexington and troops but doesn't make it to the boards very often.

Take care tomorrow and we will see you as soon as your healed up brother.

Time for an overdue update. Recovery has been much slower than I personally had anticipated. I did get to go the Lexington Comic and Toy Con on 03/16/13, and was able to meet some of you great folks. I'm currently working on my costume builds, and will end up with my TIE Pilot being finished before my Tusken Raider.

Great to hear the surgery went ok Joe. Glad you found your way back to the boards and are hopping on the costume train. There are a couple of TIE pilots in Kentucky that I'm sure can lend a hand in you get stuck. I know Jedimika has one and Sgt. Dark is working on one. You should plan to come to Wonderfest in May in Louisville. Lots of us are going to be there.

Great to hear the surgery went ok Joe. Glad you found your way back to the boards and are hopping on the costume train. There are a couple of TIE pilots in Kentucky that I'm sure can lend a hand in you get stuck. I know Jedimika has one and Sgt. Dark is working on one. You should plan to come to Wonderfest in May in Louisville. Lots of us are going to be there.

I had been planning on going to Wonderfest this May. I will have my TIE Pilot finished before then, so that would be even better!

Happy you're on the mend and checking in with us. Sorry I missed you at Lexicon (I had to work). Glad your Tie Pilot is coming along. I probably won't see you at Wonderfest (unless I can find someone to switch weekends with) but I hope you have a great time and you'll take lots of pictures and post them up.

Keep us updated :)

Hey Joe, didn't you win our tickets to LexCon on Facebook? Glad to see you made it through ok and are back on the boards. If you need anything give us a yell.

How's West Liberty coming along? I saw some news reports on the 1 year anniversary.

Hey Joe, didn't you win our tickets to LexCon on Facebook? Glad to see you made it through ok and are back on the boards. If you need anything give us a yell.

Yes, I did! Thanks for the tickets!

How's West Liberty coming along? I saw some news reports on the 1 year anniversary.

It will be a slow process, and likely several years before this little town is rebuilt. I doubt that it will ever be the same again. Too many people have been forced to move away, and many businesses will not be returning.