Sign in to follow this  
ZacTHill

Hi guys I'm Zac

So I was pretty excited to hear about this Garrison. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I also do a lot of mission/charity work, and also I'm a sculpture/ visual artist, so when I heard more about the 501st I was all in. Im looking for help on creating a clone commander deviss costume. Any advice would be much appreciated

Welcome Zac!

Post up some pics of your art work. We love that stuff around here.

Have you also signed up at the clone troopers detachment site? All kinds of info there on how to get armor and build the clone you want. http://forum.clonetroopers.net/

Welcome aboard Zac! So you want to build a Deviss, eh? Hit up a guy on these boards named Clonezilla (Luke). He's a great guy, and has one of those costumes himself. Also, go where Greg linked, as it is a treasure trove of information regarding clones of all shapes, sizes, and flavors.

Don't forget to have fun, and welcome aboard!

Hey Zac! Welcome to the group! I have a clone too, so it'll be good getting another "brother", haha. Like the others have said, clonetroopers.net has tons of info. Luke's Deviss is one of the best, so definitely seek him out. If you have any questions, there are lots of people here with ever-expanding knowledge... we're here for you!

Thanks for connecting with us on facebook Zac. You've come to the right place for help with your Clone.

So I signed up with the clone detachment but can't seem to post a topic. Are Luke and Clonezilla on this forum or the clone detach?

They will set up your access on the clone boards soon. Until then, Luke (also known as Clonezilla) is on these boards. He's around here somewhere :)

There are lots of armor makers out there, most have sculpted their molds and then do vac formed plastic pulls over them, then sell the plastic as a kit. Kits differ in size, detail, accuracy, and of course price.

Cool so where are the molds bought from

I have seen some threads where the molds are made from a set of armor. Some people get out of the armor making hobby and sell their molds too.

I have seen some threads where the molds are made from a set of armor. Some people get out of the armor making hobby and sell their molds too.

That's referred to as "recasting" and it's typically frowned upon in this hobby, because you're taking somebody else's hard work and research and ripping them off. It's best to either make your own molds from scratch (expensive) or buy a kit and assemble it to fit you. Of course people do sell their molds. But even then you have to be careful you aren't buying somebody else's recast work.

Well I really want to find a commander deviss kit for a good price and change it into a bounty hunter style character with my own additions. But whe. I google the kits nothing comes up. If I could spend more time and money on the modifications rather that the armor it's self I could make armor that would look sick

There is lots of info on the clone boards. But it's generally not going to be a "deviss kit". You'll have to get the plain kit, helmet, and add the commander stuff. And also keep in mind the legion will only approve canon characters. Lots of us have custom costumes that we wear to unofficial events. A word of advice when you get on there: don't post a "WTB" (want to buy) thread... they keep those things to private message in order to protect the sellers. All will be revealed in time.

Typically, we ask new recruits to come out to an event, look at the different costumes, and see what all is involved. What area are you in?

Generally speaking you won't get into a full clone for less than 1200. Most cost considerably more than that. It's an expensive hobby, but fun and very rewarding when you get to make people happy and sometimes even help raise a little cash for a good cause. Plus, it's FUN!

Hey Zac,

I have lots of clone parts ( no helmets ) laying around. I have a clone and a mando in the works....tons of stuff to stir up good questions and give you some thoughts and direction.

I live in Clarksville, just off exit 1 or 4 ( I-24). If you are this way on Fridays or Saturdays give me a yell. Ph# 931-920-8600

I have a complete set of Atin's clone armor I would be willing to sell, if you are interested.

Later and Good Luck