DarkStar

Greetings from Knoxville

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I have been wanting to get a tk costume for years now. I have been going to Dragon*Con for the last nine years and love to see you guys march in the parade. I would like to know where would be a good place to pick up stormtrooper armor and who can help me with assembly. I have seen several on Ebay but want to make sure it is good enough for 501st.

Please advise... Thanks, Erik erikstaylor@hotmail.com

Hey Erik! Welcome!

Best thing to do for TK armor is to sign up for the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment - http://whitearmor.net

They will have tons of info about all the different kits, availability, and what will best fit your body. Generally you want to stay away from eBay as that armor is usually crap.

There are lots of troopers in your area that I'm sure would help you out - come to an event sometime, say hi, look at the armor in person and ask lots of questions!

See you around!

-Robbie

That's an awesome resource! Thanks Robbie. Now to find some local Knoxville folks to help me. Will keep an eye out for events.

Hey Erik! Welcome!

Best thing to do for TK armor is to sign up for the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment - http://whitearmor.net

They will have tons of info about all the different kits, availability, and what will best fit your body. Generally you want to stay away from eBay as that armor is usually crap.

There are lots of troopers in your area that I'm sure would help you out - come to an event sometime, say hi, look at the armor in person and ask lots of questions!

See you around!

-Robbie

+1 to what Robbie said. I spent countless hours researching there.

This is best thread to read about where to get armor: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Just say no to anything from EBay. Occasionally there will be some OK stuff on there, but most is overpriced junk....start reading on FISD, ask them or us if there you have any questions. Jump in on some of our events, we can always use people to help us armor up and do crowd control/photographer duty. That way you can see some armor in person and see what we do. We have some events coming up in your area. There are many ways to get into the Legion, one of the lowest cost and simplest is imperial crewman.

What is your ht/wt? Not all armor is good for all body type.

We are here to help, troopers helping future troopers! Welcome, you are in the right place!

Welcome to the MSG Erik, Knoxville has a great group of troopers, be sure to connect with them at the next event.

Hey Erik, I'm in Roane Co. Which is just down the road from Knox. We have a few events in the Knoxville area coming up in May that you are more then welcome to come hang out with us at. You definitely want to start reading around on white armor at all the different makes of TK armor. Like others have said, some fit different heights/weights better than others.

Welcome! You've come to the right place for help with your build. Lots of troopers in your area who are very helpful.

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I have been looking around on www.whitearmor and am looking at authenticprops in Canada. I am 5'9" 175lbs. Want a real glossy abs ANH hero. Any objections to AP??

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I have been looking around on www.whitearmor and am looking at authenticprops in Canada. I am 5'9" 175lbs. Want a real glossy abs ANH hero. Any objections to AP??

Not at all, they make a great kit but may take a few months to get from what I hear but don't really know the lead time. Shoot the guy an email and he'll send you an informative email. His kit should fit you perfect.

There are some events coming up soon in Knoxville, check out the event thread for the latest. Feel free to come out and introduce yourself, we can always use handlers. Its a great way to get to know us too. :)

Ok. Ordered my AP armour. It should arrive in the next couple of weeks. Already have black body suit (UnderArmour top and bottom heat gear) Got Boots from TK Boots, gonna order DappyDoos kit for my Hasbro Blaster. Gloves and Holster also from AP. I believe the Hovie Mics that come with that kit are not 501st approved? Also gonna order neck seal from one of the guys online here, can't remember his name. Spoke with HeatRay today who is in my area and we may plan a build party when my package arrives. Sooooo excited! With any luck, I can be done and approved in time to troop with you guys at Dragon*Con this year. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh... What about a belt? does that come with the AP armour? or Do I need to get some canvas?

Welcome Erik!

I got my AP armor in couple weeks ago! Same set up with boots, blaster, holster and gloves. The armor looks great! It's money well spent! Have fun!

Thanks Green! I'm really excited for you too! Good luck with your build!

Thanks to all of you! I have been officially approved. Say Hello to TK 42071!! Special Thanks to HeatRay and Clonezilla who helped guide me through my armour build. Had a chance to troop at Boo at the zoo and am excited to troop at FanBoy this weekend. You guys have been super friendly and helpful. Honored to be part of the Garrison! Hope to meet a bunch of you guys this weekend!

Erik