Hewittv18

Hello from Chattanooga!

Hi gang!

My name is Jeff, I'm actually a Fort Oglethorpe resident but we're about ten minutes outside of Chattanooga. I originally joined the Georgia garrison's website, but they said it would probably be better to get familiar with the Midsouth gang, so here I am!

I ran into some of your members at ConNooga, and grabbed the literature from the table (as y'all were busy with people taking pictures and what not.) I was surprised and pleased to see that the 501st is a charitable organization. I had no idea! Needless to say, the stellar costumes caught my attention, and everyone was very kind to let me have a picture when they came by my vendor booth. (I was selling my book.)

So, here I am! I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan (who hasn't?) and thought it would be a blast to learn about the people who troop and to get involved in the future. My wife just went back to school, so money is tight right now, but I hope to start with a biker scout and then go full TK. One day I'd like to do Vader since I'm 6'5, and if you're going to be a big trooper you might as well go for the big guy, right? But that's a very long term goal.

The community has been very welcoming, and I look forward to hanging out and doing some trooping!

Welcome to the boards Jeff. We have several Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts in the garrison so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Hey gang!

Thanks much for the welcome!

I do have a question: does anyone have patterns for the cloth parts of the biker scout costume on hand? If not I'll mosey over to their site, but thought y'all might have some handy.

Welcome to the MSG Jeff. Glad you found your way to the website. Alot of people talk to us at cons and seem interested in joining but they get sticker shock and never make it to the forums. Once we get you here the addiction takes over.

Lookin forward to meetin you in person, if you're free this weekend we have a huge event in Lexington, KY.

Hi Jeff,

And hello neighbor.....I live in Chickamauga. Most scouts go with a black flightsuit or like I did with Dickies pants and shirt. There are details you need to look into but there are more than a few scouts here that can help. Glad you saw us at ConNooga and want to join us (it seems our plan worked, lol). If you want to just come and hang out please feel free to drop by any squad events and say hi and learn the ropes. We have a MDA event this weekend at Pizza Hut. It will be a small turn out for us since most members are heading down for the St. Patricks Day Parade in Atlanta. But I will be there and the Emperor, maybe a couple more.

See ya around!

Do you mean the suede patches and stuff? The flight suit you would probably be better off purchasing outright. There are a few good choices, mine is a suit I got at our military surplus store. 40 bucks and I had to remove pockets with a seam ripper. I have the pattern for the suede leg patches, and the butt flap is sized to the wearer, depending how wide your butt is, lol

Do you mean the suede patches and stuff? The flight suit you would probably be better off purchasing outright. There are a few good choices, mine is a suit I got at our military surplus store. 40 bucks and I had to remove pockets with a seam ripper. I have the pattern for the suede leg patches, and the butt flap is sized to the wearer, depending how wide your butt is, lol

Ah! Makes sense. There's that good Army/Navy surplus store in Brainerd I'll check for flight suits. And GT Distrobutor's. One or the other will certainly have one. The pattern for the patches would be awesome!

Check thrift stores for suede skirts to cut up and use.

It's cheaper than buying the fabric.

Welcome, Jeff! We could use a few more biker scouts in our squad! :) beware though, costuming is addictive! Lol

Welcome, Jeff! We could use a few more biker scouts in our squad! :) beware though, costuming is addictive! Lol

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about..

Just watch out for those tree's o'yea and the Ewoks. ;)

Yowza! All the great responses!

I'll start looking around for some suede. There's no shortage of thrift stores around here. As for a shortage of biker scouts, when you've seen your best friend crushed by teddy bears, sometimes the weight of responsibility tears down even the best of us. ;)

Trees?! What trees?! ;)

Why do I have this playing over and over in my head now, thanks Brandy....