TheImpMuffin

Greetings from Mount Juliet

Good morning all!

My name is Drew and I've wanted I be a legion member since I was 12 and first saw the "Troopers" short and now have the time/money/space to finally realize this goal of mine. I'm originally from the Mount Juliet area (and am there now), but I just moved here from Reno, NV.

I'm currently shopping around for kits and trying not to let my enthusiasm create mistakes haha. I'm wanting to build a TD with the ultimate goal of earning a membership with the MEPD. Are there any TD's in the Nashville area of the garrison?

I've heard that sometimes at events the 501st likes to use handlers, and I would like to be active in the garrison until I complete my kit so if there are events I can attend I would love to.

Anyways I look forward to meeting you all,

Andrew Thomas

Welcome Andrew! The MEPD is the place to be for a TD. Have also signed up on the FISD? You can get a kit there and build into a TD.

Welcome to the MSG Drew! You are welcome to come out to any event we have with or without a costume. You can absolutely be a handler and that will give you a chance to look at the armor up close, We have many events on the schedule over the next few weeks and month, hope to see you at one.

Hey there! I'm in Hermitage (on the Mt. Juliet/Hermitage border really...) and I have a Stormtrooper, a Biker Scout, and a Clone Trooper. There are quite a few TDs around, and Dave Hodge (Mouse) is the best one around IMO. He's in Antioch. Definitely come to an event sometime and hang out! We'll be glad to meet you!

Welcome!!!!! grew up in hermitage my mom still lives there. im in hendo now but not too far away. lots of troopers in mittle tn. ditto what robbie said come out to something soon and meet everybody :D

I am in Franklin and will be starting on a TD kit very soon. If you ever want to hang out as I am building I am always happy to talk story :)

Pm sent CC5707.

Thanks for warm welcome gents. I'm very excited about the whole thing. I am brand new to costuming so let me know if I end up bugging you to much picking your brains. I am trying to RTFM a little on my own though to save hassling you guys. I saw something on the calander about a meeting at the tilted kilt tomorrow, is it cool to just show up?

Hey Andrew,

Would be awesome if you could join us Saturday April 27 at Tilted Kilt. We would all like to meet you and just hang out. That would be cool. You are also welcome to come to any of our events as a handler. :)

Lots of troopers around the area. FallenJedi and I are in Goodlettsville.

Welcome!!!! We always need more Sandtroopers. Can never have to much dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I plan on being there tomorrow night and look forward to seeing you all. Is there a regular area you guy sit in that I should look for? I should be fairly easy to spot with the tattoos an beard haha.

Look for the people in matching shirts, haha. This is our first real get-together of the year, and our first time at the Kilt. I bet you won't have a hard time finding us... hah

Welcome to the plastic obsession man! I'm fairly new to the group and they are a great bunch of people. If I didn't make them crazy with all my questions and having no experience costuming, you will do fine. Everyone is very helpful and seem eager to get someone else into armor. I'm still very green to the whole thing, but I can try to help as best I know and if I can't help, I will try to point you to someone who can. See you tomorrow night!

Welcome, Andrew! I'm a newbie as well, still trying to finish up my first costume. I'm in the Hermitage area also, so relatively close to you.

We need to get you two guys over to my place to check out armor/build/drink adult beverages

Yea, I'm all for that idea! Give me a about 3 weeks and I'll have some home brew ready as well, making some tomorrow I think. I usually have weekends open so feel free to pm me.

Sounds good guys. I have every other weekend open for the most part. We'll plan something out soon!!

Cool, I'm gonna be checking out armor then too... Iron Man armor... while watching Iron Man 3...

Hey all, I know I've been a little off and on on the forums between lurking and well, life. I had a blast at Fall Creek Falls meeting all of you, and I figured I'd share some photos of my rough cut kit that I am starting to put together this month (Obviously excited. I'm Trying to get out to a few more events again, hopefully my truck will be fixed soon and allow me more availability. Oh, and I figured I'd add a photo of Crockett at the Falls from the other weekend, sorry if he was a little excited at the barbecue, he is a bit of an attention hog.

Andrew

post-1457-0-54282700-1373590859_thumb.jp

post-1457-0-82977200-1373590860_thumb.jp

post-1457-0-06367700-1373590862_thumb.jp

post-1457-0-87147800-1373590863_thumb.jp