Wonko

New guy from Knoxville, TN

Howdy! Thought I'd post a short introduction. My name is Brian and my son is Connor, and we live in Knoxville, TN We have always loved everything Star Wars and have decided to finally get involved in the costuming/trooping side of it. We attended a con here in Knoxville this past weekend and ran into a few guys that were extremely helpful in pointing us in the right direction. I made a Jawa costume for my son that won him first place not only his age group (he's 8), but best male costume in show. Needless to say, he was eating up all the attention he got throughout the day. We're looking forward to meeting more people and learning as much as we can.

Brian

post-1468-0-28996500-1370268754_thumb.jp

Welcome, and well done! A lot of us force ask our kids to troop with us as well, it's a fun way to bond with them IMO.

There are lots of good people out your way - come hang out sometime!

What costume are you thinking about?

Welcome aboard! If that's you in the TK, can I ask what armor that is? If you don't have a costume yet, what did you have in mind? We've got tons of talent in membership that could help you in any direction you wish to head.

As far as coming out and seeing more, I believe the 15th of this month there is an event we are participating at at the Knoxville Zoo. Come out, say hello, and have a good time.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! That isn't me in the TK, it was a couple of guys at the convention. My long term goal (for me anyway) is to get set up with a set of ANH TK armor, but I am planning on getting started on a Tusken costume soon. As far as my son goes, he probably won't be able to do the Jawa much longer, as he's growing like a weed lol (then I'll have a cool static display). My hope is that he'll be able to finish out the year in it before we move on to something else for him.

Brian

Cool! I think Tuskens are cool, and that will fit with your son's Jawa well.

When you get ready for ANH TK armor, hit up the folks on whitearmor.net - that's the Stormtrooper detachment. Lots of great people there with TONS of knowledge. Good luck and don't be a stranger!

Tusken Raider, eh? Then you're looking for the Krayt Clan. The best source of info is at the detachment linked down here:

http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/index.php

They're amazingly helpful and polite over there, and are generally more than willing to answer any question, but most have probably been answered, ya just have to search.

Welcome to the MSG Brian. Knoxville has a great bunch of troopers; be sure to come out to an event, introduce yourself and hang out for a while.

Thank you all very much for the welcome and info so far. Right now I'm considering a set of ATA armor. I've always loved the Tusken, and started doing the research and purchasing small things a while back. I figure I can have the Tusken ready to go in a few months, that's the reason for doing it first. Currently I'm hunting in my predator costume, but really want to get involved with trooping. Don't get me wrong, I love the pred, but it's not something I can just "throw on" and head out, not to mention needing at least one person to "tag along" for support. I may post some pics of it in the proper section of the forums a little later on. This seems like a great group, and I'm glad to have joined. Thank you all again!

Brian

Thank you all very much for the welcome and info so far. Right now I'm considering a set of ATA armor. I've always loved the Tusken, and started doing the research and purchasing small things a while back. I figure I can have the Tusken ready to go in a few months, that's the reason for doing it first. Currently I'm hunting in my predator costume, but really want to get involved with trooping. Don't get me wrong, I love the pred, but it's not something I can just "throw on" and head out, not to mention needing at least one person to "tag along" for support. I may post some pics of it in the proper section of the forums a little later on. This seems like a great group, and I'm glad to have joined. Thank you all again!

Brian

Talk with Andy Galloway on here. He just finished a set of ATA. Looks good too! I have an ATA helmet and it's great and reasonably priced too!

Welcome, ATA is great stuff, especially for the price. Get on the wait list now, he does not take payment until it ships. Imperial Crew is an affordable option to get you going while you wait.

Ed does have another point, and if you're handy with a needle and thread, it's even cheaper. The Imperial Officer Corps, or I can help with advice.

Welcome, Brian! I just got approved for my Crewman, like Ed suggested. If you decide to go that route and have questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Welcome to the family!!!! My son and baby brother are also Jawas!! I look forward to trooping with you!! If you need help with your Tusken, let me know!!

Welcome Brian! Looks like we've got fresh meat for the different garrison social factions to fight over :D

Really though, Ktown has a bunch of great troopers, come right in and make yourself at home.

Hey guys I have some armor I need help with some of it im stuck on my legs , after july would be great can i get an armor party ? how much mo ney would i need ? I working toward comicon but I can see what i can do I could really use the help

Welcome to the boards Brian! The Knoxville area seems to neon the rise again which is a good thing.

Hey guys I have some armor I need help with some of it im stuck on my legs , after july would be great can i get an armor party ? how much mo ney would i need ? I working toward comicon but I can see what i can do I could really use the help

I'm sure we can arrange a get together and get you squared away when you are ready.

Welcome Brian! Looks like we've got fresh meat for the different garrison social factions to fight over :D

Really though, Ktown has a bunch of great troopers, come right in and make yourself at home.

Indeed you do, but it better be a fair one! :) Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the boards Brian! The Knoxville area seems to neon the rise again which is a good thing.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to meeting some people!

Brian

Welcome!

If you need any pointers with a Tusken just hollar. I just complete mine.

Welcome aboard, Ktown is a great place. The Jawa looks great, I made one for my daughter last year too and hope she will still be able to get in it. Cheers

Welcome!

If you need any pointers with a Tusken just hollar. I just complete mine.

Thanks, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me :)

Welcome aboard, Ktown is a great place. The Jawa looks great, I made one for my daughter last year too and hope she will still be able to get in it. Cheers

I appreciate the compliment. It was a fun and relatively easy costume to make compared to my predator suit. Connor may have a few more months to wear it, but he's growing fast, so we'll see.

Brian