Mom Of 2 Worlds

New To Te Msg Forum Boards

My name is Jean Simmons, (Mom Of 2 Worlds). I live in East Ridge, TN.

I saw Star Wars at the movie theatres from the beginning, or should I say ending, and was hooked. Saw midnight premere of "Revenge Of The Sith" in Atlanta. Saw midnight premire "Phanthom Menace" in 3D in East Ridge. Watched all movies at theaters, then watched over (and over) on VHS and DVD, and when on television.Trying to get into "Clone Wars" but will have to watch on DVD now.

I had no clue that there was a real costuming group of people (and people all over the world) that had joined this group and Sister Organization until my son saw article in "Star Wars, Insider Magazine" about the costuming group. My daughter (living in Atlana at the time) came home one weekend and my son told his sister about the article. She joined the forums in Bespin Base, trooped as a handler and started on her first " Jedi" costume approved. My son finally joined the forums of Mid South Garrison and started going to events with Mos Nooga Squad as handler until he got his IC costume finished and approved. I went to events with him, and them, and fell in love with the people in both.This is why I chose my screen name. They became "exended families" as they really care about each other and all of the charites they work with. Their stories about their troops, parades, "Dragon Cons", "Con Noga", "Celebration", and others really pulled me in and touched my heart. My family has been to many "Star Wars Weekends" @ Disney World and have met many of the Movie "Star Wars" actors. My son & daughter have marched with the Florida Garrison in Disney World for the last 3 years.

I have thought about joining for a while now, finally did sign up, but still can't decide "Who" I want to be. I do want to be a member and request access to the MSG Board so I can read & comment with others, chatting, trooping and being part of that "Extended Family", and really be a part of one of the best charitiy workers, and help us grow as we all meet new people that didn't know we excisted until they saw one of us - somewhere, and I get to tell them my stories and how great it is to be a member of the 501st and/or Rebels, and then they become one of us.

Looking forward to meeting lots of you (and seeing the ones I already know).

Very heart warming. Thank you so much for joining our boards. I hope to get to meet you in person at an event sometime.

Hi ms. Jean it is good too see you here. We are honored too have you and your family with us. Charlie is a great guy and your daughter is awesome too.

So happy to see you here Jean. You are most definitely part of this crazy family. So if YOU need any help at all just ask. You have always done so much for us...it's your turn.

Welcome to the MSG Jean, I look forward to meeting and trooping with you.

Welcome Jean! We are so glad your here, you've always been a great handler and helped us in so many ways. Any questions you have about costuming just ask away. :)

Welcome :) :) . Glad to here of your interest.

Just want to thank everyone that has posted such warm welcomes. I really appreciate them. I am excited to start on my 1st costume and having it approved, , just need to find the 1st right one for me. I am open for ideas. I am looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't met yet, and seeing those of you I know and actually being "official". I will be at as many troops as possible with the Mos Nooga Squad as a handler until then.

Just want to thank everyone that has posted such warm welcomes. I really appreciate them. I am excited to start on my 1st costume and having it approved, , just need to find the 1st right one for me. I am open for ideas. I am looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't met yet, and seeing those of you I know and actually being "official". I will be at as many troops as possible with the Mos Nooga Squad as a handler until then.

Take your time and find the costume that is right for you. However it is not uncommon for the costumes to take on a pokemon feel and you just have to have them all. I have shied away from hard armor as of yet do to time intensiveness, but have very intention of eventually ending up with a Boba Fett or Pre Vizsala. Take you time and find one yo like and one you will be happy with.