Wushu

Hello New Friends!

Hey guys! My name is Matt McLeod. I was born and raised in Alabama. My wife and I moved to Knoxville a couple years ago. While I lived in Alabama I spent a lot of time with the Alabama Garrison and Tranquility Base. That's what really got me into this. I did a few troops with them as a handler and then decided to start trying to make my own costume when Tranquility Base decided to make an X-Wing Squadron, which i was proudly a part of. Unfortunately my pilot was never finished due to an error. Out of the 9 or so flight suits we ordered, I end up with the one that had the pockets on the arm reversed. So it was sadly never finished. But that is what I aim to change. My wife Caroline (Banshee) decided for my birthday to make sure I got back into it and finally finish my pilot. I am looking forward to finishing it and hopefully meeting a lot of you soon!

Welcome, Matt! Sorry to hear that you had troubles with your pilot in the past, but I am glad to see you did not let the dream die. I look forward to seeing you at troops in the near future.

Hey Matt, Welcome to the MSG. Great to have another X-Wing pilot in the ranks, if you need any help let us know. :)

Welcome!! Would like to have more xwings for our jam session nx time :)

xwing_zps5a78bf32.jpg

Welcome!! We have a lot of folks with dual membership. I am a TK for the 501st and a Jedi for the Rebel Legion!

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to getting my pilot fixed up and once that is done i want to start on another one. I was thinking a biker scout maybe but not entirely sure. But I do want to make a 501st outfit at some point, just not sure where to start on that or what to start off with. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good 501st starter? Not necessarily an easy or cheap one but at least a fun one to build since i do already have experience building armor.

Glad to see another Rebel Pilot in the mix we are honored that you are here with us.

Blood Stripe Six Standing by too help when you need it

Biker scouts are comfortable... Ultimately, you want to build something you're gonna want to wear... No sense in making something that's the absolute cheapest way to "get official" if you never wear it. I think everybody needs a plain white Stormtrooper, those are always in demand.

Welcome aboard man. Can't wait to see you troopin.

Be sure to check out Lexington Comic Con in March, it should be an easy drive up for you.