Sign in to follow this  
sl100

Who All Is Being Marked Inactive Today?

So I awoke to messages that I was marked Inactive last night.

Just curious why that would be, and would like an explanation please.Weird Al..Jackson generals..Books A mIllion.....just to name a few recent events.

also, who else is being marked inactive?

I just looked at a few people that i KNOW have not trooped, yet are still marked ACTIVE

Mark Arancibia MAAFP moved away years ago, i text with him not long ago. hasnt trooped with the MSG in years

Ed Vader is still marked ACTIVE, yet sold his vader costume to Bob Huff years ago.

DUNE, asked in the dave hearing to please be marked inactive yet is marked ACTIVE

and i know Zachmire hasnt trooped since ryans funeral, if you want to actually be tacky enough to consider that an event.yet is still marked ACTIVE.

I know theres a bunch more that havent trooped in a long time and when the roster was asked to be looked at, nothing happened.

so an explanation please.

oh, and the census is NOT mandatory so thats not it.

Anakan fan Cheryl, sold her costume 2 years ago and left..still marked Active

Ales Sl4182 , last time on forum was feb 2010.. i think he left as well...still marked Active

Hammer..has trooped many times. wore his officer uniform at the 501st table at Dragon*Con...he got marked inactive but not sure when.

already found others,

according to the charter, ive met all the 5 requirements needed and then some.

Trooped numerous events, Weird Al, Books a Million, Jackson generals plus others.

and met the number 4 minumim needed requirement , by organizing the Jackson Generals game,

so you can go ahead and switch that back now, nice try.

since im already looking and now have more questions,

who is "Go Joe"??

joined 3 years ago (march 2010). has 0 posts and no info ever submited. yet is active

and Jedi trooper... I remember him. last on the forum in march, 2008( 6 years ago?). lives near Jackson, MS.in Pearl, MS. Should be a member of the Rancor raiders. still Active

JW01..our good buddy Bob Duff. him and trish moved from chattanooga how long ago? still Active in MSG somehow

Just to clarify my personal situation, I did ask to be inactive. After talking with Dave Hester about the situation, it was determined to leave my status as active with the understanding that if I chose not to troop by March 2014, I will be marked Inactive. I was okay with that for several reasons that are outside the scope and purpose of your post.

personally, i dont think you should leave, nor be marked inactive.

in my case,just switch it back. bad call and kinda obvious since people were watching for it and I knew when it happened.

Skip,

Did you complete the census? If you did not complete the census, then yes you would inactive. It is your responsibility as a member to complete the census. There have been numerous posts remidning everyone to complete.

Skip,

I just checked and you didnt complete the census. It says "Incomplete" next to your name meaning you didnt do it. Go in and see if you can complete it and that should take care of it. If not, we can ask David to change it.

Anyone who has not completed their census needs to do so (as stated in the census thread).

the census is not required for active status.

and i know for a fact that others that didnt fill it out did not get marked inactive.

i looked at the legion forum the other day and didnt even see it.Im back in school,havent participated much lately. dont get on here hardly at all so didnt even know it was going on. ended up at the ER with my daughter yesterday so this was down my list of stuff i was worried about.

i cant even find a census thread

somebody point me in the right direction

Here is the thread

http://www.midsouthgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6827-2013-census%26-8207%3B/page__fromsearch__1

And you may recall that it was you who earlier this year said in the thread titled request for an audit of the roster quote...... "Wasn't this garrison in last place last year for census participation?"

We heard you out and have done all that we can to encourage participation in the census. Please complete the census. We are in the 80's now but our goal of course is 100%. Thanks for bringing up this topic. I hope it further encourages our members. We want everyone to be counted.

I looked for some of the people you mention. I think you are looking at on old list. The Legion has the current roster information and Chris Lee is in the process of updating our MSG forum and access.

Skip,

I am on call and had to work last night, just woke up and saw your post. I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention that you have trooped an Official event this year. I prefer getting an email or message but I think your posting this here will spur others to do there Census in the future now. I have changed your status back to "active" and have marked your Census for you as trooping the Jackson generals event.

Per the charter rules. In order to remain a member in ACTIVE status, a member must:

1. maintain contact with his/her garrison

2. maintain contact information in the 501st Legion database

3. participate in an approved 501st costume in at least one Legion or Garrison activity per year

On October 7th we had several members at the time that had not yet completed there Census so I sent 117 members including yourself an email reminder that read.

Attention Midsouth Garrison Membership!

As you are all no doubt aware, Census time is upon us. There will undoubtedly be a massive increase of interest in Star Wars being generated over the next few years as the movie franchise gets rebooted by Disney. Our event attendance requests will skyrocket, and undoubtedly it will be 501st Legion troopers who will continue to be front and center at any event associated with Star Wars. Our reputation as being the best in the world at what we do is one we have earned the hard way over many years, and that reputation will be put to the test in the next couple of years. It is therefore vital that our rosters be accurate and up-to-date, and your profile pictures are also in place and accurate. As GML it is my duty to bring it to your attention that you are responsible for filling out the census accurately, and for also providing accurate pictures for your Legion profile page to the Garrison Web Liaison (GWL): Kevin Lyons (TX-7763) “Shadow”, email: JediOfChrist@hotmail.com.

. If a member fails to complete their census, and their last troop was more than 12 months ago - they will be moved to Reserve Status and contacted to inform them of such.

. If their last troop was 24 months ago, then they will be moved to Retired Status and, again, contacted and informed of this status change.

As always, CO's are provided with the right to exercise some discretion regarding the status of members who are actively serving in the armed forces, who are medically restricted from trooping or are otherwise engaged in an official capacity which physically prevents them from trooping during the previous 12 months.

501st Legion membership grants us a number of privileges that are not afforded to many other costuming clubs worldwide, and membership in the Legion is not difficult to maintain and one troop a year is a fair and reasonable task. Keeping an accurate and up-to-date roster is going to be important as we move forward, since we can expect LFL and Disney to request us at more and more events worldwide.

The Census runs from October 1st to Oct 31st, so if you haven't had an opportunity to wear your Legion approved costume in the past 12 months there's still an opportunity to do so and it can be any official Legion event. When you log into the 501st forum look to the upper top left for "Membership DB" (its in yellow), click it. On the next screen you'll see "Census 2013" (its in white), Click it. Now just feel out the bottom section it takes only a few seconds.... http://www.501st.com/memberDB/

Thank you all for your cooperation and your continued service to the Empire!

Thankyou

David Hester

SL4647

MosNooga squad XO

MidSouth Garrison Membership Liaison

501st Legion

Email: Sith.lord501st@hotmail.com

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/David.Hester.SL4647?ref=tn_tnmn

The email was sent to everyone using the email address they have listed on there profiles. It is your responsibility to make sure your information is up to date and accurate. As for the names you listed I believe your looking at the MSG web page which is an old member list and needs to be updated by the web master. The list that's on the 501st web page is the accurate list you should be looking at for an accurate member roster located here. http://www.501st.com...p?garrisonId=43

The Census thread that your looking for is located in the "MidSouth Garrison Business and Logistics" section. I reached out everyway I knew how to all "active" members at the time through email, text, Face book messages (for the members I am friends with and that have a Facebook). You have been a member for many years so you should know the Census is every October. I even noticed you had the time to post on a thread on the Legion forum but couldn't take the few seconds it took to do your Census. I gave numerous posting reminders about this here on the forum also...the fact is you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.

been gone all day,

i see why i cant participate in the census, i cant see that section of the forum.once i gain access ill fill out the census and make sure were straight on that.

those names i saw were on this forum, i just skimmed through the members section and saw people I know are gone.maybe thats a whole other issue-maybe theres multiple places and at least that would make sense.