Tank1979

Introduction Is In Order!

Hello ladies and gents allow me to introduce myself my name is Clay Russell and I'm from Knoxville TN... I'm obviously new here and would love to meet all I can, I'm very interested in getting involved with what you all do here... I first learned about the 501st about I'd like to say ten years ago at a comic con on Father's Day... It's now time to fullfill a dream of mine and be a character from the best saga ever...

Thanks again for your time,

Clay

Welcome to the Midsouth Garrison. We have a great number of troopers in the Knoxville area. In fact many of us will be at the Ice Bear game on February 1st. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The possibilities are endless, man... if you haven't been to the 501st site, go check out all the different costume listings:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL

Think about some of your favorite Imperial or bad guy characters, and you should be able to find a listing for that costume. Some folks starting out like to go with the standard Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer or in my case, I went with the Imperial Crewman, the grunts of the Death Star/Star Destroyers... go check out all the different options and see what you like best... the costumes are broken into groups called detachments, based on the type of characters represented. If you like Stormtroopers, go to FISD at http://www.whitearmor.net/ ... if you like officers, check out the Imperial Officer Corps at http://www.imperialofficer.com/ ... and so on... don't be afraid to ask LOTS of questions... there are folks here who have been around and either built or seen every kind of costume in the SW Universe, so they are a wealth of information! I'm a relatively new member, so I know how overwhelming it can seem... but don't fret, everyone here is willing to help!

What Doug said. Go to the 501st site and check out all the costumes and decided on what you want to do. The possibilities are endless depending on how big your pocket book is.

Welcome to the MSG Clay. As Alex said feel free to come out to one of our events anytime. That will give you the chance to see some costumes up close and may help you decide what you'd be interested in building.

welcome aboard.

just to throw a different spin on things. i would not recommend making a costume "TO" join the 501st.

make what costume YOU want to wear. even if it takes longer or costs more. youll be happier in the end.

and yes, go to events.we always have need for more eyes on us and people to help pick up stuff when we drop it and cant bend over to get it :P

Plus its great to see how these suits go together, and how they fit and what goes into wearing them.

welcome Clay ! come on out to the lexicon in March and hang out with us. that will be a great event to meet and greet .

Hi, Clay. Welcome to the MSG. I have been hanging with these weirdoes for some time now, but been official for only a short time. Feel free to ask your questions. I can't think of a better bunch of people more willing to help newbies. I am so glad I found this group, and I know you will feel like family very soon, too.

So where is lexicon going to be? Kentucky?

Lexington Kentucky March 14-16.

Welcome! We are glad to have you and I look foward to seeing you at some events. We are participating in the Ice Bears Star Wars night game in Feb. Hope you are able to join us for that.

Welcome aboard man. Eveyone else has given you some great info.

If you can make it to LexCon we will have troops there from all over with lots of different costumes and different makes so you should be able to see most of the variations of the popular cosumtes there.