Fiddlers Green

Hello From Sunny Korea!

Very glad to be here with the MidSouth Garrison! Huge Star Wars fan! I'm currently assigned as a Tank Platoon Sergeant here on Camp Casey, Korea with "First Tank" (D Co 1-72 AR). I will be returning to my home and family in Etown, KY in a few weeks! As a soon-to-be retired Army NCO, I will have lots of time to help with many local charities. My son and daughter have Autism, so we have supported them and many families in our area with our time and resources. Along with several special needs charities, we have also volunteered with our local Repair Affair to help fix homes that need it. Volunteering is something my family and I love to do (my 3 year old daughter says differently, but she'll come around). My dream (like many of us here) has been to own a set of TK armor, which I will have from AP in a few weeks :D. I couldn't think of a better way to augment my family's desire to volunteer than to join the 501st! Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to the next adventure!

PS..... I rushed the application process and misspelled my own profile name (face palm). It's supposed to be Fiddlers Green, not FIddlres Green. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before someone from a Cavalry Unit dimes me out :lol:

Retired USAF here, lots of military in the MSG of course! I spend time at Osan, which is a garden spot compared to Camp Casey!

Retired life is good, look forward to trooping with ya!

Ed

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and return! I'm here at Fort Knox right now so I'll be just up the road from you. Great to hear you already have an AP kit inbound. You are certainly in the right Garrison to get all the help you need on it. Ed runs an almost weekly TK workshop down in Nashville and there are lots of other folks around who can help as well. My TK skills are limited to being able to identify them in a crowd or photograph but I am here to help where I can also. Good luck and see you soon.

JW

Would be happy to help with the build if needed, AP is nice stuff, mainly for more skinny guys than me, but I have gotten some bigger guys in AP too. Funny part is I built my first Tk while on terminal leave for retirement. Has been a great hobby in my senior years :)

From one veteran to another welcome to the MSG Donald! I look forward to you finishing your build and becoming an active trooper with our Garrison. The 501st Legion does a lot of fun and great events all through out the year. You'll make a lot of awesome memories bringing smiles to children and adults everywhere. Feel free to come out to events and meet some of us, we can always use handlers and costume and photo support. Again welcome to the MidSouth garrison!

Welcome to the MSG Donald. You'll find many vets here, feel free to come out to an event sometime and meet us.

Army Guy myself. I still work as a instructor contractor on the base. Looking forward to meeting you. The Stormtrooper suit to me is the dream suit that many of us wanted when we were little. I've made a few in my years and make a bunch of other Imperial costumes in my garage.

Thank you all for the welcome! Again, I'm very excited to start my build and begin trooping! I will definitely reach out when my time comes to begin the TK build. Apparently, I'm in the right crowd LOL! Thanks again, and I'll be seeing many of you soon!

Thank you for your service and Welcome.

Yes! Finally back in Kentucky and my AP armor arrived as I got home! As soon as I get over the jet-lag, I would be very interested on any input on how to properly assemble this armor :) Thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Welcome. We have a troop in Nashville on Saturday, your more then welcome to come hang out and meet some of the guys. We should have a couple TK's for you to check out.

Thanks for info! I will be spending some time with family for the next few weeks, but hopefully will be able to attend future events.