Bacca9

Memphis Wookiee

Hey Y'all,

I'll be moving to Memphis in August and I wanted to introduce myself. Everyone calls me Ginger or Gingersnap, but my real name is Jamie. I'm currently Cincinnati's resident Chewbacca and I'm working on Gungi as we speak. I look forward to meeting and trooping with you all!

post-1585-0-50473900-1403903617_thumb.jp

Me at the May 4th Cincinnati Reds game.

post-1585-0-70475900-1403903677_thumb.jp

Welcome to MSG, and to Memphis. It'll be great to have a wookie in Memphis . Can't wait to troop with you.

Hey Jamie! Would be great to have another Star Wars fan in our part of the galaxy. Look forward to trooping with you.

Welcome! Look forward to trooping with you.

Have all your shots? Looking forward to meeting you.

Hope your move goes well. Let us know if there is anything we can help with once you get here. We have made plans to have a prop party the weekend before the Redbirds as a meet and greet, as well as an opportunity for you to get your wookie prepared for the event. Hope to hear from you soon.

I'll be arriving in Memphis on the 13th. Definitely looking to come to the prop party so long as I get myself settled (gotta buy a bed, lol) Can't wait to meet y'all!

Serious question: Anyone in the Memphis area know someone who can help me give Chewie a trim? I need to thin the fur between the pants bottoms and start of the foot. Help me locals, you're my only hope!

As far as I know none of us a familiar with wookies. We'll see what we can do at the prop party next week.

What would be required to trim a wookie?

What would be required to trim a wookie?

Do wookies even get haircuts?

Shear scissors (With teeth) are what I've read is used. I'm a bit nervous about using them myself when that time comes. I can see hours of work being snipped away for some reason, lol.

Haha yes, thinning shears. I just can't do it myself because I have to be wearing it to get the positioning right :) if it makes everyone feel better, I can always add hair back in.