Romuloid

Aspiring 501St Member Saying Hello

Hi guys and gals!

I'm a resident of Germantown, Tennessee who's looking into joining the 501st MidSouth Garrison. I've already started preparations for my outfit, which will be an Attack of the Clone's style Royal Guard. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully going on some troops in the near future.

I do have a question though. Could someone point me in the right direction for a good tailor who might be able to craft the robes for my outfit? I'm fine on the armor making, I'm not very good with sewing and such though.

Thanks!

Hey Jack! Welcome! Your best bet is going to be signing up at the detachment forums, which deal with more specific costume details and allow you to connect quicker with vetted sources. For the Royal Guard, you'd want to go to the Sovereign Protectors forum (forcepike.net) and start poking around there. Glad to have you!

Hi jack welcome to the forums. Follow Doug's advice and sign up on force pike. I'm the Tn event captain for the midsouth garrison/rancors raiders joint ops. My counterpart Justin in North MS is holding an impromptu props party this weekend for armor maintenance. A RR recruit who's almost done with his rotj royal gaurd will be there and he maybe able to help some. Please check out the MSG-RR forum for local events. We could always use more help even before your costume is finished. Justin will be posting location for armor party sometime tonight.

Welcome to the MSG Jack, the folks above me have given you great advise. Best of luck on the Royal Guard build. :duim:

Hello and welcome! My name is Justin Bryant, myself and Nuke (Joseph) head up most of the PR in the Memphis and north Mississippi area. Glad to see your interest in joining the 501st Legion. As previously mentioned, register on the Sovereign Protectors website for specific details and build help on your Clone Royal Guard. Just be sure to keep in touch here as well. This is where the your local members communicate and post upcoming events.

Also as Joseph mentioned, we are having a local get together, prop party, at the Olive Branch Public Library (B.J. Chain Public Library) on Saturday from 2pm until 6pm. You are welcome to stop by and introduce yourself. We will have snacks and soft drinks for those that participate. We will be making repairs to our costumes and possibly researching a movie prop to build at a later time. Be sure to come with questions if you have any. We will be at an ideal place to research if needed.

Greetings Jack and welcome to the MidSouth Garrison! Doug is correct, the Sovereign Protectors web page is where youll find lots of info about this costume. Most likely there is someone there that has parts for sale. I know of one web site off the top of my head. "Custome Props", it says that there web page is down but if you click the image it will link you to there Facebook page, they sale on eBay also. I know at one time they had some c and c'd machine force pikes on sale.

You'll find many helpful members here also.If your on Facebook click the blue link below my "signature" to send me a friend request.

Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice. One of the first steps I did was actually make an account on forcepike.net, but I'm still waiting on the admin to green light my account. I would also love to go to that gathering, but I'm currently up in Michigan until the first weekend of August. I think I have managed to find a tailor, who has made a plethora of Star Wars costumes, some even for the 501st. She has made a Royal Guard outfit before and the picture is posted on her website. Here's a link: http://twinrosesdesigns.com/Star%20Wars%20Inspired%20Clothing%20Portfolio.html#Clothing_for_the_Dark_Side . The Robes she has made before are #24 (close to the bottom). Do you guys think those past ones she has made look good enough for the 501st?

Welcome to MSG Jack. That will be a really costume once you finish. I've never seen one before so that's always really cool.

Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice. One of the first steps I did was actually make an account on forcepike.net, but I'm still waiting on the admin to green light my account. I would also love to go to that gathering, but I'm currently up in Michigan until the first weekend of August. I think I have managed to find a tailor, who has made a plethora of Star Wars costumes, some even for the 501st. She has made a Royal Guard outfit before and the picture is posted on her website. Here's a link: http://twinrosesdesigns.com/Star%20Wars%20Inspired%20Clothing%20Portfolio.html#Clothing_for_the_Dark_Side . The Robes she has made before are #24 (close to the bottom). Do you guys think those past ones she has made look good enough for the 501st?

I do not see where she produces the garment for the Royal Guard. I imagine the next to most important part is making sure you have the accurate fabric per 501st requirements. I'm sure the Sovereign Protectors detachment have a suggested manufacture to find the raw material. You might could then send it to her to be sewn. Also, checkout the Legion CRL on this costume if you have not already done so for some specifics that are required for your costume.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TR_aotc

I do not see where she produces the garment for the Royal Guard. I imagine the next to most important part is making sure you have the accurate fabric per 501st requirements. I'm sure the Sovereign Protectors detachment have a suggested manufacture to find the raw material. You might could then send it to her to be sewn. Also, checkout the Legion CRL on this costume if you have not already done so for some specifics that are required for your costume.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TR_aotc

I've been talking with her about the making of the costume. The outer robe is made of a spot resistant crimson velvet and it is linned in burgundy 100% cotton French twirl, which is the same as the inner robe and sash.

I think she'll be my best net, but I am still open to some other tailoring suggestions.

Has she given you an estimate on how long it will take her to have it read for you?

Has she given you an estimate on how long it will take her to have it read for you?

Not yet. She wanted me to run her previous work by some 501st members before we started the actual process.