Hi, my name is Chris Williams from East Nashville and I am just getting started in this adventure. It looks like my armor will not be here for 6 or 7 months, so in the mean time I'd like to meet a few people, help out with events, and attend a few build parties so I can learn as much as possible before it comes time to start my own armor!

What did you order and from where? I'm in Hermitage and used to live in east Nashville. Welcome!

Sweet! I am on the waiting list with ATA for a full TK armor kit. Seems like a long wait, but I guess it gives me time to research and accumulate the accessories. If I stumble across someone my size looking to unload their armor between now and then, I might just go that route but it seems like more fun to build your own!

Welcome!, No worries you're not the only noob on the boards. 6 or 7 months sounds like a terribly long wait, I can barely stand suppliers that ship slower than amazon prime! :o

Hey Chris, glad you made your way here. Buying armor is just like anything else with the whole triangle thing... you have cheap, quick or quality... and you only get to choose two...

Well, FISD is the place to go if you're looking for TK armor... all your questions can be answered... sources for armor, parts, accessories, you name it. Nose around on the boards and you should be able to find what you need. Some of the other armor makers can get you a kit quicker, but the price is going to be considerably higher... someone else can chime in here, but I think AP and RS for sure are a quicker turnaround... RT-Mod is not quite as long as ATA, and I have no idea about Troopermaster...

Welcome. I'm a newbie too. Hoping to be a Handler when they do troops in Kentucky. Tennessee is a little too far to drive in one day from Northern Kentucky.

Hope I get to meet you too if you come to Kentucky.

Welcome to MSG! We have fairly regular armor/prop building gatherings here in Nashville. Which armor kit did you order Chris? My armor is NE with an ATA bucket.

Thanks so much for the welcome, guys! I have ordered an AP kit. Top to bottom. I have also ordered everything else I think I will need other than a strap system and a conversion kit for my Hasbro E-11. I am totally lost on those ends. Any suggestions would be HUGE! Also, I can't wait to see y'all on Sunday!

The strapping we can do when we build... it's best if you see some different kits and how they're built, then figure out what you like best... some guys like velcro, some like snaps... some like nylon strapping, others prefer elastic... in the end, you have to wear it, so it should be what you like... lol

I have a Hasbro E-11 that I converted with the Doopydoos kit... I can bring it and show you... Ed has the Doopydoos full resin E-11, which is more accurate than the Hasbro conversion...

Come out to Cool Springs on Sunday & visit us in the workshop.