Knmoore555

With Love From Lexington

I have finally gotten around to completing my profile and I am now introducing myself (self high five).

My name is Kelly Moore and I hail from the great city of Lexington, KY but do not worry Tennesseans since I am a Tennessee Volunteer at heart. After meeting some members of the Midsouth Garrison at the Lexington Comic Con, I made the decision to join and am currently working on a Jawa costume. Unfortunately, at 4'11" I consider myself a bit to short to join as a Stormtrooper. If for some reason I finally hit my growth spurt in my mid30s then I will rethink that idea.

One of my main purposes in joining the forum is to find fellow Jawas that can help me out with the more difficult parts such as the mask (I FINALLY have the perfect eyes) and finding affordable utility belts.

Now for self-disclosure. As a full time worker and a "part time" (in actuality it is another full time job) PhD student who is knee deep in my dissertation research, I may take more time than the normal person in finishing my Jawa but it will get done! Then, I will have to convince my husband to join with be (bwa ha ha).

I look forward to meeting all of you and please feel free to message me.

Welcome Kelly. I'm working on a jawa for my girlfriend atm so that will make three jawas in the Lexington area. For the utility belt, there's a guy on the 501st board selling pouches pretty cheap. All you have to do with these pouches is attach them to a belt. They come in sets of two for $6 which I purchased 3 to make one belt. I've sent him a message to see if I can get his contact info for you.

Welcome to the MSG Kelly, you are welcome to come out to an event sometime and hang out with us.

Welcome to the MSG Kelly :jawa:, it was great meeting and talking with you at Lex con. Some builds take longer than others "it's not the destination, but the journey", the main thing is don't get discouraged and finish! It took me a year to build Vader and I've been working slowly on Chewy since before Celebration. Come to events and meet more of us. Jay Ritchie also builds Jawas up your way to I believe. :duim:

Thank you all for the warm wishes! I have been talking to Jay and we are meeting up this weekend so he can pass my fabric to a seamstress to make the costume. Baby steps:o)

Welcome!! We are 2 hours south of Lexington here in Monticello, but my Wife and I come up that way often to troop. Look forward to meeting you at some events! And yes. Convince your Husband to join!