Sign in to follow this  
Maureen

New Nash.villain.

I'd been thinking about joining the 501st for some time. This past weekend, the booth at the Chattanooga Steamcon stopped me in my tracks; chatted with David briefly and here I am.

I live a mile from Percy Priest Lake so while the address states Nashville, I'm technically Antioch area. I work on West End and am so excited and ready to get to work building my Imperial Guard (Emperor's Royal Guard) outfit. Am I crazy because I also want to build a 'regular' Storm Trooper costume?

Hi! I live in Hermitage and work on West End as well! Good luck on the royal guard, and no... everybody needs Stormtrooper armor!

Welcome! Feel free to join us at any of our upcoming events. The sounds game on the 23rd would be a great time to meet up with our members. I work at 3401 west end.

I'd been thinking about joining the 501st for some time. This past weekend, the booth at the Chattanooga Steamcon stopped me in my tracks; chatted with David briefly and here I am.

I live a mile from Percy Priest Lake so while the address states Nashville, I'm technically Antioch area. I work on West End and am so excited and ready to get to work building my Imperial Guard (Emperor's Royal Guard) outfit. Am I crazy because I also want to build a 'regular' Storm Trooper costume?

Welcome to the MidSouth Garrison Maureen! It was great talking with you at the Steampunk Expo too, we have lots of helpful members in the Nashville and surrounding area. If you haven't had a chance yet check out the Sovereign protectors Detachment for more info about an Imperial Royal Guard Costume. :royalguard:http://www.forcepike.net/

No your not crazy for wanting to build a Storm Trooper costume either, we actually have several females in our Garrison that wear armor from Storm Troopers, Clones to Biker scouts. :trooper::clonetrooper::bikerscout: The main thing is to ask plenty of questions, every single one of us was new and didn't know where to start at one time.

If your interested in a Storm Trooper I would recommend looking into the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment "FISD is dedicated to the armor and equipment of stormtroopers as seen in Star Wars. They strive for accuracy in costuming and to discuss everything stormtrooper related. Their mission is to serve the needs of both current and prospective members of the 501st Legion, in keeping with their unofficial motto: "troopers helping troopers." :trooper:http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Like Raychel already suggested, the Sounds game on Aug 23rd would be a great opportunity to meet and get to know several of our members.

Welcome! We actually build stormtroopers and other costumes pretty regularly at my place in cool springs. I will post details tonight, I think our next build will be this Sunday.

Welcome to the MSG Maureen. As others have said feel free to join us at an event sometime and be sure to check out the detachment forums for specifics on each costume.

Thank you all for the welcome. I think we'll be coming by this Sunday, to the build. Thank you for the invitation.

Woohoo for more female TKs! Welcome Maureen. I live in Antioch as well. See you on Sunday.