travisccook

Hello From Louisville!

Hiya folks!

Hopeful new guy from the Louisville, KY area checking in :). I have been building Ghostbusters props ever since my fraternity back in college participated in a Halloween charity event and I threw together a super-cheap (and terribly inaccurate) proton pack. The interactions at that event gave me the costuming bug and I've been happily building away in the workshop in whatever free time I could find since. I've long considered pursuing the 501st dream but, honesty is the best policy here, I'm way too fat to be an admirable stormtrooper :). As I said in my FISD intro thread, Princess Leia would giggle profusely if I were the one to fetch her from her cell. I decided a few months ago to change some of that, though - less cheeseburgers and more activity - and what better motivation to continue than the prospect of donning the noble tupperware?

I've been perusing the FISD forums almost nonstop since coming to the realization that losing weight = stormtrooper and have reached out to the RT-MOD gentleman to see about pricing/waitlist/etc. Given that I've got a lot of work to do before I can even start sizing the costume I'm in no real hurry. I do plan on starting work on a blaster soon(ish), though! I can't quite decide what route to go down - Hopefully I can see some E-11s in the wild before taking the jump. I'm honestly a lot more comfortable working with the blaster than I will be the armor - I became an expert and screwing up resin then fixing my mistakes building my pack.

I'm planning on going the ESB route I think - I like the non-handpainted lines, the black frown, the right-handed holster. I'll also probably be one of the troopers who ends up trying to fit every bit of electronics possible in his gear - I'm a sucker for a new piece of tech.

Obligatory proton pack photo as I don't have a suited-up picture handy.

1dyBgXc.jpg

Thanks!

-Travis

Welcome Travis. If you like techy type gear and cool looking armor, might want to look at the Republic Commando(RC). RC's are also husky friendly. If the TK is your goal, I applaud your efforts.

Thanks folks!

I appreciate the tip on the Commando - I may tackle that one in the future! I'm sure I won't be able to stop with one set of armor :).

Welcome aboard! Love the proton pack. I am looking to add to my costumes as well and would like to do a TK build. I'm only about 35 miles southwest of Louisville, so maybe we could help each other out.

Darren

ID68101

Welcome to Midsouth! Youre in my hometown. I went stunt ANH and it is pretty weird getting used to the holster on the left.

Thanks!

I've got the requisite orders in to do a crewman while I diligently work towards TK-ness. I thought the GB community had long wait times for orders... Anticipation is half the battle I guess :).

@Jerry - Hi! I got pretty accustomed to working with parts cast in resin and the occasional reinforcement with resin when I built my pack. I don't have any experience doing the actual casting.

Welcome to the MSG give me a yell and ill help you on your path.

Greetings! I'm just down the road in the J town Fern Creek area. Let me know if you need a hand on anything.

Hey

Are you with the Louisville Ghostbusters Guys?

Going to bump this up to revisit as, albeit a few years late, I finally wrapped up the bridge crew costume and just got my confirmation letter as a 501st member. Hi again! Very nice to meet some of the other Louisville folks a few weeks back. Look forward to meeting more!

Pretty much everything above remains accurate - still working on getting into TK shape, I've got an Anovos kit for when the day arrives!

Going to bump this up to revisit as, albeit a few years late, I finally wrapped up the bridge crew costume and just got my confirmation letter as a 501st member. Hi again! Very nice to meet some of the other Louisville folks a few weeks back. Look forward to meeting more!

Pretty much everything above remains accurate - still working on getting into TK shape, I've got an Anovos kit for when the day arrives!

Sweet Travis. Be sure to get your MSG Membership Certificate. http://www.midsouthgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3282-membership-certificates/page-9#entry115567 Message Robbie with your Name, forum name, TK #, When you joined.

Cant wait to meet you!

Congrats on your approval! Everything was delayed a bit while the election was in progress, glad to see the old imperial gears are moving again :) I'll update your access here, you will be able to register on the Main Legion page within a day or so normally. Sounds like you know some folks and are in good hands!