I have not officially joined the 501st obviously, but I have come here because I am from Lexington and I love star wars immensely, and I really want to participate in the trooping events, let it be Storm, Sand, Clone, Snow. But my only problem is, I do not know where to start and a lot of things are particularly confusing, especially where to get the parts and how to properly format it so it is acceptable.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Also, to elaborate a bit more on my topic of being Deaf. I am Profoundly Deaf, but I wear Hearing aids to help me in the situations, but given convention situations, I most likely will have them off since it will be too loud and noisy for me to understand what people are saying, Also.. the enclosed helmets may give me feedback, So we'll see what happens! I really want to do this!

Thanks for letting me in the forums!

Hello and welcome! First things first - come out to an event we're doing sometime, you can take an up close look at our various costumes and talk to members about what's needed to get each one going. Do you have a particular favorite costume already?

There's this sticky thread at the top of this board:

http://www.midsouthgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6826-so-you-want-to-buy-a-costume-and-join-the-501st-read-this/

Lots of info in there, take a look and see!

See you around!

Welcoem to the MSG Matthew. As Robbie said, feel free to come out to an event sometime and see the costumes up close.

guess what !

I cant hear in these helmets either :P

we use a lot of signing cause you just cant talk and hear much. so you should be just fine. ;)

Thanks for all the replies! I believe I have seen some of you in action in 2012 Lexington Comic Con, which is partially why I got inspired, now I am even more inspired to do so especially for charity and my own happiness. I am more attracted to either Sand or Snow trooper outfits, along with the ARC Clone Trooper variants, but when I look in their forums, it feels so confusing because I'm not sure what to get and how to format it since I have no artistic skill whatsoever and I'm a pretty big guy lol.

But thanks all! :)

We will be at Scarefest next weekend so come by and say hi if you get a chance.

Welcome to the MSG Matthew! Definitely come out to an event sometime. You can get to know us better and it'll give you a better idea of which costume you'd like to build.

Welcome, Matthew. I look forward to meeting you and having long conversations with you. I wanted to become an interpreter, but changed my major to elementary education. I don't get to use my sign language much anymore, so I may be rusty. It may be a good laugh for you, if nothing else.

Thanks to our never-tiring costume engineers, there is almost always an armor building party, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Feel free to ask questions and ask for help anytime. I have never met such a warm, welcoming group of people as I have with this group.

Welcome aboard Matthew. You are in the right area, you'll have help out there if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask questions and come out to events.