Jamesinky

New In North East Ky

I’m new at this but I have been a star wars fan since I was little. I was 4 when my mom brought me in her old nova to the drive in theater along with my blankets and pillows. I kept dozing off but I still can say I watched star wars when it originally came out. Now being a parent, I want to share that in real life with my only kid.

There is nobody that I know of within an hour drive of me in the 501st, but I want to make a full movie accurate biker outfit anyway and a storm trooper. If I’m going to do it, why not make it perfect. I want to greet my 5yo little girl as she comes off the bus from preschool in full costume before putting her on the 4 wheeler and motoring back to the house or the barn. I used to make armor in the SCA (medieval reenacting) I'd love to make a whole suit with aluminum or stainless steel. I think I'd like to start with an ABS one first. :)

Welcome!!! I see that Grayson is about an hour and a half from Lexington. We do a lot of troops in and around Lexington. Really good bunch of guys there! I am two hours south of Lexington, but my Wife and I go up for pretty much all of the troops there. We come up, troop, then enjoy the company of a great group of people! Hope to catch you soon at some troops!!

Welcome. I'm from Northeast KY myself. I'm about halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati. My goal is to acquire an Imperial Crewmen outfit so that I can join the 501st. I hope that we can meet up at a troop sometime.