Catolster

Hello From Sevierville!

Hey everyone! I'm Kevin Catolster from Sevierville TN (Knoxville area).

I found the forums during my research into getting started with the 501st. I'd absolutely love to join up with you guys, but I'm still kinda lost. I'm down for learning more though!

I've seen the 501st at Dragon*Con and parades a few times, but I've wanted to be a trooper since I was a kid (I turn 31 this month).

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

-Kevin Catolster

Welcome to the MSG Kevin, feel free to join us at an event sometime, you'll get the change to meet us and see some costumes up close.

Welcome to the MSG and to being 31, I too was born the release year of RotJ just in spring instead of late fall. There's some good folks in the Knoxville area, you'll be in good company.

Welcome to the MSG Kevin! Ill be up your way this Saturday for the Knoxville Jingle Bell Run (Arthritis Foundation), come out and meet some of us and say hello. (the event starts around 10am)

Welcome to the Midsouth Garrison. As you stated we do a lot of things for the communities not just parades; we also do many charitable causes contact us to help them at events to bring smiles to the public. We in the Midsouth Garrison have a good number of troopers in the Knoxville area that can help you. If you are wanting to be a trooper may I suggest signing up on the forums also www.whitearmor.net I also suggest not to purchase any armor off eBay even if they states 501st approved. Again welcome to the Midsouth Garrison.

Hey, thanks everyone!

I will most definitely check out whitearmor. I do know enough to avoid eBay, but not much else. I hear Authentic Props is something I should be looking at.

I didn't get to make it up to Knoxville this weekend, unfortunately my work schedule is crazy this time of year. Anything else coming up, though?

Thanks again!

-Kevin C.

Hey, thanks everyone!

I will most definitely check out whitearmor. I do know enough to avoid eBay, but not much else. I hear Authentic Props is something I should be looking at.

I didn't get to make it up to Knoxville this weekend, unfortunately my work schedule is crazy this time of year. Anything else coming up, though?

Thanks again!

-Kevin C.

We'll have several members at the Knoxville ice Bears game for Star Wars night(2-28-15).

We'll have several members at the Knoxville ice Bears game for Star Wars night(2-28-15).

Hey thanks for the heads up! I'll drop another line closer to time and see if I can meet up and say hey!

If nothing else come out to the event and introduce yourself to those of us there. It's always nice to meet folks in person otherwise we're all just funny names on a screen.