Skyrim Sith

Hi From Lenoir City

Hi my name is Patrick Reidy my wife and I are from Lenoir City which is right on the outskirts of Knoxville. We have seen you guys at cons which we just got into this year we had no idea we had such things around here and have been hooked ever since we had a chance to go to 4 of them this year all around here in Knoxville and saw the 501st there and thought it was so awesome we have loved Star Wars ever since we first saw when we were kids. So that being said we are looking to start making our costumes but have no idea where to begin or where to look. I do auto body and paint for a living and have been in that field for ten years so I have a general idea of some fabrication and modification etc. we have no idea how to sew though so we could use all the help we can get. The 2 costumes we are looking at making are Darth Nihilus and Visas Marr we thought they would be perfect for us since we are married and they are connected to each other in the Star Wars universe so it was a no brainer for us. So hope to get to know you guys and meet some of you and would appreciate any help we can get!

Welcome!! Glad to have some more folks in the Knoxville area!!

Yeah I have lived around this area for a long time just now caught wind of the expos I figured they were always in the big cities like comic con until I found a few here. I'm really excited to be here now I just need help getting started haha

Patrick, you might touch base with Josh Fyffe, one of our members from Kentucky. He built a Darth Nihilus a while back, so he might be able to help you source out some of the pieces, especially the mask. I've seen those posted for sale frequently, so definitely signing up at Flagship Eclipse is a good place to start, like the other guys said.

In fact, it's not a bad idea to sign up for all the detachment forums, just in case you have questions or want to find out about a different costume. There is lots of information out there and plenty of people with the knowledge, so do lots of reading and ask lots of questions!

Do you have a contact for him I am on the eclipse page and posted but really no one has said anything to me except to buy a mask haha.

So a little update I have a lot of the costume and fabrics at the house and trying to learn how to see at the same time and I'm trying to make the mask right now but I also have one ordered from my wicked armor just in case mine looks terrible plus I wanted a back up. I'll be at the Chattanooga con but probably won't have costume done unless I'm lucky.