ChrisCalvin

Greetings From Lenoir City, Tn

My name is Chris Calvin. I line in Lenoir City, TN. We have started this year attending expos by going to Fanboy in Knoxville. The first time was just me and my wife. In November we took oure girls. Our four year old Sophie has always been afraid of costumed characters. The Tie Fighter Pilot took the time to take off his head gear and show her it was a costume with somebody real under it. After that she went up to every Star Wars character in the place. As a big Star Wars fan this was a joy for me. I really appreciated this. I have always wanted to create an outfit myself but do not know where to begin. I have been in sale for a long time and this past year changed fields to web design. I am thinking I would like to make a Mandalorian Deathwatch outfit. Any suggestions on where to begin are more than welcome.

Chris Calvin

May the Force be with you!

post-1631-0-49562700-1420133346_thumb.jp

post-1631-0-13891900-1420133349_thumb.jp

post-1631-0-71673300-1420133939_thumb.jp

Sounds like my wife and I are in the same boat as you I just posted on here yesterday with the same problem I'm also in lenoir city and started attending the fanboy expos.

Is there an easier way to make darth nihilus mask? I don't know how to do all that sculpting stuff I'm more of a body work kinda person.

Is there an easier way to make darth nihilus mask? I don't know how to do all that sculpting stuff I'm more of a body work kinda person.

Many of us have been in that same boat, often times you can find someone who makes a particular part. Research, research, research is my best advice as well as networking with others who have built the particular costume your looking into making. Besides the Flagship Eclipse, the 501st Legion's Expanded Universe Detachment http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/ that Larry had mentioned to you, you may try looking in "the RPF".

Welcome Chris I remember that day. Seeing your kids smile as I took off my helmet to show her that there was someone real under that mask. Then letting her try it on lol. I am glad I was there to help and I love hearing stories about this. Can't wait to troop with you and see you guys around more.

Welcome to the Midsouth Garrison! Yes, we are honored to have you with us and hope to have you as a member soon. I suggest keeping a look out for trooping events in your area. See if you can attend as a handler that way you can get use to see what we do, and then get pointers about costumes. Lastly attend armor parties. There are some great members in the Knoxville area that can help you with costume tips. Again welcome to the Midsouth Garrison.

Yeah I definitely want to hit some armor parties! I'll be at marble city, connooga , and fanboy expos are there any others around the area?

Patrick,

Here is my Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/chris0577

Thank you all for the greetings. I look forward to being a part of the Garrison.

Alex,

Is there a post for armor parties?

Edward,

I was hoping to connect with you. We really did appreciate you taking the time with our daughter, Hope to see you soon.

Chris, usually anytime there is a person or group that wants to host a party, they will post it on the boards. Many get-togethers are impromptu and just an opportunity for folks to hang out and talk shop while working on random projects. Ed Gay is great about opening his shop here in Nashville just to let everyone come and socialize, so it's always a good time. Since you're in the Knoxville area, touch base with Damon Reed or any number of other folks just to get acquainted. Feel free to add me on Facebook as well: https://www.facebook.com/doug.dyer

Your welcome anytime Chris I hope to see you around as well plus I used to work for rural metro up there in Lenoir city plus that is where I be stationed at with the national guard

I am not sure when the next armored parties will be. However, it will be honored meeting you at connooga and your family. I will be at the Rebel Legion Table or the dark empire table. Just ask for Alex and someone will point you in my direction.

Also for Osiris just want to say thanks for your service I come from a military family and no matter what branch it is I'm a big supporter of military so thanks for serving!

I know this is random but I work for a car dealer and someone traded in a Toyota Prius with big Star Wars stickers all over it storm troopers tie fighters Star Wars logo pretty awesome.

Hey Chris how is everything coming along?