Disciple

Hello From Fort Campbell (Deployed)

Hello MSG,

My name is Alex Wright.

I have no costume affiliations as of right now, but I hope to be a part of the 501st after finishing my Stormtrooper suit.

I live in Fort Campbell, KY.

I was on the 501st website and saw that this is the Garrison I would join do to my geolocation.

I am requesting access to the MSG because after finishing my suit and becoming a member of the 501st, I would like to join everyone here for events around KY and TN. I have been looking forward to owning my own suit (multiple one day) and joining a group of people that like to have fun while bringing joy to others as well.

A little background of my family and I:

We already visit hospitals and local charities, but the chance to do it in a Star Wars setting has always peeked our interest. Seeing as I am still a kid at heart and I have 2 children of my own, I would love to introduce them into the Star Wars universe as well. I have been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I have a six year old girl that wants to be a Jawa (lol) and I have a two month old little boy. My wife would also like to join in on the fun and she is making an Imperial Officer suit as we speak from scratch (she is pretty crafty). I am in the military stationed at Fort Campbell, my MOS is 12B Combat Engineer. I am currently deploy in Afghanistan. I have already ordered a full DIY Stormtrooper kit from RS Prop Masters and I am awaiting my ROM/FX from John @ ROM/FX.

I have been on whitearmor.net and have been researching my butt off on my downtime here in Afghanistan. I have my bucket layout finished and I have also created my own cooling circuit for the helmet. I am pumped to finally be at a point in my life where I can join a group, such as yourselves, and have a blast.

I hope that the MSG will accept me when I am a member of the 501st. I genuinely can NOT WAIT to join in events and bring smiles to the young and old.

P.S. - The Garrison Patch is awesome!

Welcome to the MSG Alex and Thank you for your service, we have a lot of current and prior military folks here.

Welcome! We have a lot of members in the Clarksville area. Feel free to come out to any of our events.

Welcome to the MSG Alex and from one Vet (11B/M) to another let me thank you for your service! I received your email (return mail incoming). I look forward to meeting you and hope to troop with you soon.

Hey thanks! I am stoked to redeploy and get my suit ready to troop with you all. (Of course after a vacation with the family first lol) I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. I am lucky to have such a supporting wife that, in fact, now wants to get her own costume and join the 501st with me. My 6 year old now wants a Jawa suit and my wife ordered my 2 month son a DV suit as well. lol So this will be awesome.

After I gain access to the 501st, I will share my TK number and I will be at every single event that I can possibly be at.

Thank you David, I emailed you a few days ago but I know life gets in the way most of the time. So thank you for the upcoming reply and I have also emailed the XO and GML as well. They lead me here.

Thank you again for the warm invites.

Alex I live in Clarksille and work for the 160th at Ft.Campbell as a instructor. Looking forward to meeting you when you return. We have several troopers in the Garrison that are Active and former military.

Welcome, and thanks as well for your service!

Tambo: I will be home in April some time. We should definitely get together. I am glad to hear there are more military in the Garrison and I can say I am not surprised. Normally all active and veteran military love to have fun and help others and I see this hobby as a way to do both!

Hawk: Thank you for the welcome and it is my privilege.

Welcome Alex, I live outside of Clarksville and troop a TK as well as I've made Jawas for 2 of my own kids. Feel free to contact me if you need help or advice.

Naborjohn: That is awesome, I will have to get in touch with you. My wife is almost done with her Juno Eclipse costume and then she will start on the 6 year old's Jawa. She is making my son a small Boba Fett suit. Might be the cutest Fett ever! lol I kid. But, I will definitely hit you up when I get home. Thank you!