Avandar

Greetings from Cleveland, TN

Just a short introduction of myself. I am Nathaniel Massengale, I have seen the 501st many times at conventions. I am starting to prepare my future for the 501st.

Welcome Nathan. You have a good group of folks that can help you out (now and when the time comes) in Chattanooga. Feel free to reach out to them. Do as much research as you can - what costume are you thinking of doing?

Well, a recruiter told me I would make a good Vader because of my height. 6'3 is my height. My weight will be changing by then because of a diet/exercise plan. I will be built, hopefully.

Well you come to the right place to start doing research. I'll warn you Vader is s costly costly project. And I did so mostly at bargain prices cause I like to find deals. I could've had a larger savings, paid off a credit card, or bought a used car. Instead I assembled my suit over the course of two years with tons of heartache and stress.

Would I do it again yes. Completely yes. I love my Vader. Though if I did it again I might spend more and buy a completed suit vs assembling it, I had very little help or a ice since most folks just buy a Vader intact. Standing there 6'6" with my lifts with the whole get up and the breathing fx and voice modulation, it's a rush.

So believe me when I say go for it. But at your age and with the priorities and life changes you'll soon have thrust upon you scholastically, financially, and socially. Personally I say start with an easier build one that costs less, is more durable, takes up less room, is easier to transport, and will ultimately cause you a ton if less stress. Go from a trooper be it a TK, TC, TB, TS, etc. less build time lots more help. Less fuss. And more freedom. Troopers get away with more then the boss does. Also waaaay more comfortable lol.

Trust me and you might thank me later.

Regardless cheers and good luck. You got time to figure it all out. And we got good troopers out there to help make it happen when that time comes.

Thanks. I really appreciate the suggestion. I still got some growing to do anyways, so I think I will start with a basic Stormtrooper.

Thanks for the welcoming comments. I've been

doing a lot of "costume" research and I think my 1st project will be a scout trooper. That's pretty much decided unless someone wants to lead me another way. I have heard it is a bit more comfortable than the others. Plus, I like the design :)

It's as good a choice as any but don't forget you got a new movie on the horizon with lots of new armor to be dissected and made I'd set any goals tentatively and save up. And in the mean time do the research like you are and attend some events locally just to meet folks and get a feel for what we do. I mean who knows what everyone's going to wNy come December lol. Anyway you decide have fun with it and ask around here before making kit or armor purchases online. We can help steer you away from the scammers.

Heh, it's been a while since I've looked at this. Thanks, I'm excited to start working on this project.

Welcome to the MSG, these are some of the best people you will meet in your lifetime. I am new as well and they took me in with open arms! Love it here.