Jlfunk865

Hello to my long lost kin folk

Hello there all. My name is Jamey Leonard, and I live about half way between Kingston and Lenoir City, work in Maryville( a lot more than I'd like to, I'm sure y'all feel my pain.). I enjoy collecting, discussing, and all things Stars Wars. About a month or so ago, I was out on the hunt for some new additions to my collection, when I met one of your members by the name of Jim at The Rockwood flea market. We began talking about various things in the Star Wars universe, when I revealed to him that it had always been a dream of mine to have and build a couple sets of armor. He gave me a big smile, revealed his shirt under his jacket,and that's when I seen your logo for the first time. Jim stated that there are build events, charity opportunities, like making a kid smile that is sick at a hospital, and a great friendship of all the enthusiasts.

Ever since I was little, I wanted to wear a set of the Stormtrooper armor, or A Darth Vader costume. The last couple years I have started collecting again the things I have lost, or my parents sold, as I grew up. I'm at the point of my life, where I would like to make that dream come true as well. Also a lot of my friends are now married or busy with life, I would love to meet others like me in which I would be comfortable around, and would love to have fun and meet a great group of people. I think it would be awesome to do events and make people smile. As I am at work, I would love to be part of the team, and do my part...to help with events or what needs attending to.

I work a lot during the week, but generally have every weekend off. I finally have some income to invest in some armor. Im sure as I am with everything else, once catching the building armor bug, I would probably want to build or buy a lot more than I should. So my future friends, you can help rein me in a bit, or we can encourage each other to build more. I have always loved the 501st armor...especially Capt. Rex, Comm.Cody, or maybe even a shock trooper or a republic commando. Jim showed me pics, and I seen a newer members Vader suit, and it's freaking awesome.

Thanks for accepting my profile, and welcoming me into the forum. I look forward in meeting everyone, and I'm pumped about this first step of wearing the suit. Everyone have a good day.

Welcome to the MSG! There are detachment boards for pretty much each group of costumes (Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, Sith Lords, etc.). They're great resources for costume sources, build help, etc. as well people here. There's a list of detachments in the "Costume Resource" section of the 501st main page.

Welcome Jamey! Jim's a great guy, as are all the guys in that area. They will guide you well, and make that dream (that we all shared as kids -and still share) a reality.

Thanks for the welcome all, looking at the detachment pages, I need to figure out which way I want to start....on which armor.

welcome to the madness,

build it all, :P

but build what YOU want. dont build something to join. focus your efforts and money on the suit YOU want to wear.anything else will end up in a plastic tote.

Welcome. Jim and I are great friends. I grew up in rockwood and lived in Kingston for 7 years as well. Recently moved to Crossville. We have 5 or 6 members inkingston area. Get the armor and we can do a prop party at jims or my house. If you need anything pm me and we can get this ball rolling.

Justin

Thanks everyone, and good advice from all. Sounds good Justin, now I need to decide on where to focus on my first suit, lol.