sithdude17

Hello from Brandenburg, KY

My name is Caleb Flaherty, I am not affiliated with any costuming group (yet!), I live in Brandenburg, I learned about the 501st just browsing the web several years ago, I would like to join the discussion board because I am looking to obtain information on the 501st before I submit for application. I am currently 17 and would like to be able to join as soon as I turn 18. I am in the progress of making a Kylo Ren costume, and I have been very active on the Sith Lord Detachment forum as well as the Knights of Ren Facebook page over the last month and a half. My costume is currently sitting around 30% complete, but I have a plan of attack. Shout-out to my old Science teacher Mr. Carman (aka KYRaptor on the forum) for helping point me in the right direction as well as Robbie from the Midsouth Facebook page. I turn 18 on October first for anyone wondering, and I feel it gives me a wide-enough window to get a good costume completed, but it is narrow enough to keep me on focus. Any advice would be 100% appreciated and I hope to get in the legion and meet you fine folks!

WELCOME Caleb! Glad to have you. There is nothing better than going to an event and seeing very little kids faces light up as well as 50 year old me ask for a selfie! I love it and I know you will too. I live in Brooks KY not to far from you. You have several in your area. I hope that youll join us on a few troops even know your costume isnt complete. I did that several times and had a blast and made friends that I still have today. Hit me up with any questions or concerns u might have.

Welcome Caleb. I'm just up the road in Louisville so we'll probably be trooping together soon. Larry(Uncle on forums) is building a Kylo right now and so is Ben Popplewell. I'm sure they can give you some pointers.

I have seen Ben on the SLD Forum as rdhawk, and he has actually given me constructive feedback on my WIP forum.