redbird

Greetings From Nashville!

Hello Everyone. My name is Eric Kirk and I live in Donelson, TN. I heard about this forum through a friend at work who, apparently, knows several people here.

After years of having a friend try to talk me into buying armor, I finally gave in last May and ordered an ANOVOS TK. It recently arrived and I am very slowly working on it with an eye towards 501st approval. I'd love to hear from anyone that has TK tips. It's kind of daunting doing this first one on your own. I keep getting slowed down because I'm afraid I'm going to make a wrong cut or some other irreversible error.

I look forward to hearing from and meeting everyone here. From what I've read at whitearmor (and on the ANOVOS build group I joined on fb) the 501st is a great organization to be affiliated with.

EK

Hello Eric,

Welcome! Ed is the go to guy for TK help. As I told you before, I have much more experience building clones. A few resources that will help you along the way are

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

and the legion CRLS

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Welcome!!! My grandma loves out in Donelson and I pretty much grew up there lol live over in hendersonville right now lol

Very happy to advise and take a look at anything you need. Edwin Gay on Facebook, or can message here. I have done Skype assist, or I live in Franklin.

Welcome, neighbor! Glad to have you with us! I'm in the Hermitage area, so right around the corner from you. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. And absolutely touch base with Ed. He helped me with my armor kit, along with numerous others in this area. His work is amazing. Look forward to meeting you!

Got your message on FB and added you, can always feel free to ask tech questions on the build here or FISD too.

In general, I cut the whole return edge off the biceps, and get them as fitted as you can and still flex your arm without popping.

The forearms I start with a 15mm cover strip and leave 7.5mm on each half of the parts. Most regular sized guys can fit in that. Chop the whole return edge off at the wrist. If you need them wider to fit in, that is OK too, but try to stay as close to that dimension as possible.