Sign in to follow this  
Lord Batsk

Hello from Louisville, Ky (Prospective TR)

Hello all,

I'm Dennis Combs currently in Louisville, Ky due to work. I've been wanting to join the 501st for years but my former hometown was far too small and

resources were impossible to come by. Plus you'd more than likely get arrested if you're showing up at the local shopping center in a costume outside of

the holiday. Joking aside I've been very impressed with all of the charity work that the 501st has been involved in. Like many there comes a time when

you've got to do something to try and make a difference.

I heard about the 501st legion years ago and have been following you for what seems like forever. It's always seemed cool but I've never bit the bullet

and decided to join up. Now that I've moved to Louisville, Ky I've got an opportunity to do something good in a larger area and have a blast while doing it.

With that in mind I decided I wanted to do it. Over the past couple weeks I've been working with the Sovereign Protectors to get started on my Shadow

Guard from TFU. Since it's now an approved costume I decided that it's the one I wanted. Since my home region is governed by the MidSouth Garrison

I'd love to be able to join you on the discussion board and get your advice to finish this costume then join you on many troops as a Shadow Guard.

BTW...

I've already acquired a DP bucket which I'll need to paint flat black.

The optional cloak is currently being made.

The Kama is also being stitched up.

Welcome to the Great State of Kentucky.

Welcome to KY and the MidSouth. just ask away brother and youll get your answers.

Welcome to the area! There are plenty of folks here willing to lend a hand, just ask!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Derby City! There are several experienced builders in your area. If you have any questions just ask. We also have several events coming up in Louisville. Feel free to come on out and join us. We are always in need of folks to help out in and out of costume.

With Weird Al showing up I've got to be there. That man is a RIOT! I lost a lot of money when he was riding around

like a fool on stage on that blasted Segway. (Bonnaroo Music Festival) I bet my wife that he was going to fall off the

stage. Man he has skills. Or perhaps... it was... the force?

By the way I'll need a ton of help. Manly in finding the armor for the chest and back (Not looking forward to those

modifications). And that blasted belt. I feel confident in my ability to make the portions for the legs and arms but

that chest and back I'm not so sure of. Just tell me when the next armor party is and what to bring and I'll be there.

unless the boss ships me off to who knows where. LOL

Maybe I'll just show up with my bucket and get some pointers. Or if I've got enough time maybe I'll be able to order

some Morbla or Sintra for the build. Either way it will be awesome to meet the local garrison members.