BlackSheep

Hello from Louisville, TN

Hello all!  My name is TJ, and I'm a Star Wars addict.  I would like to blame my father for this affliction, as it was his idea to take us to the drive-in that warm, muggy, Florida evening back in 1977, where at a very impressionable 6 years of age I was exposed to the wonder and glory that is Star Wars, A New Hope!  I've since forgiven him and have learned to manage my condition by feeding it with a steady dose of toys, action figures and rewatching many of the movies. While this condition is contagious, I do not pretend to concern myself with the risks of exposure to others. 

Admittedly, I just recently discovered the existence of the 501st, and it was by accident.  Having just retired and relocated from FL to east TN, I was out exploring the area when I happened to see a pick up with fiberglass shell traveling through a Sam's Club parking lot. It had "501st LEGION" emblazoned in big white letters on the side windows. Knowing it was a Star Wars reference, I decided to look into it.  I was quite surprised by what I had found!  The more I looked into it, the more it felt like something for me.  I've been in public service for most of my life and understand the benefits of charitable work. And to do so while dressed in Star Wars attire is just an awesome bonus! 

I'm a fan of the Empire, but of all the dark coolness my favorite character has always been the TIE Fighter Pilot from ANH!  I'd love to portray one of the Imperial Navy Pilots, but definitely need some guidance in how/where to get what I need to do so. I'm excited by this opportunity and look forward to meeting and trooping with you in the future! 

Thank you!  I'm underway with my build, and Targ has graciously offered to take me under his wing.  I've secured my Comm Pad, and have the chest box and armor on order from him. Have my gloves and belt w/ buckle on the way from Wampa Wear, but waiting on Az to get the flight suits restocked. 

If anyone can recommend an approvable boot and where to find them, I'm all ears!  I'm waiting to hear back from Arakyel on my helmet request. 

That said, I'm going to try and make it to an upcoming event so I can introduce myself in person, and see what goes into one of these troop events!

Imperialboots.com sells approvable boots up to size 12. If you need larger, you can try SovietBoots.com (can be somewhat hit or miss) or find some engineer/biker boots that you can modify to work. 

Thanks RynoHawk. I will check them out. My concerns were over boot height, leather surface texture (pebbled vs smooth) and whether or not the calf buckle was required for approval.  And thank you again to all for the welcomes!

Imperial boots will have what you need. They typically sell in limited runs (I think one is opening this week if not already open). They will not have the calf buckle, but it is not required for basic approval. If you want, you can glue a leather strap with buckle on later. I would've bought from them if I had smaller feet.

Smooth texture is the preferred, but pebbled is okay if not too much. 

7 hours ago, RynoHawk said:

Imperial boots will have what you need. They typically sell in limited runs (I think one is opening this week if not already open). They will not have the calf buckle, but it is not required for basic approval. If you want, you can glue a leather strap with buckle on later. I would've bought from them if I had smaller feet.

Smooth texture is the preferred, but pebbled is okay if not too much. 

Excellent, Thank you!

Well, as of today, I am an official member of the 501st!  Special thanks to Ed and Luke for getting me over the last hurdle.:duim:

:tie: TI-31171 reporting for active duty.