Padme501st

Hello from Knoxville!

Hi! My name is Aurore Auger and I live in Knoxville, TN. I grew up in Middle TN and lived in the Tri-Cities for 10 years before moving to Knoxville, which I love. I have been a SW fan since as long as I can remember. I started to appreciate the Empire when I read Heir to the Empire at the age of 12, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Pellaeon quickly became some of my favorite characters. However, I have wanted to be a part of the 501st Legion since 2002/2003. I believe I read something about it in SW Insider at the time and that's how I heard about the 501st. 

I was lucky enough to meet a 501st member prior to C3, who got me access to the 501st Bash in Indy and I loved it. However, life kinda got hectic and joining seemed to always be pushed back. I have gotten everything I need for my Staff Officer uniform, but I know it needs tweeking before being accepted. I'm currently focusing on Celebration Orlando and a wedding in May but plan to have all adjustments done in June so hopefully i will be a proud member of the Midsouth Garrison sometime this summer! 

I actually got to meet a few of you at the Knoxville Zoo this past Saturday, which gave me the courage to post on here. And hopefully I'll be able to meet more of you at the 501st Bash in April!

Welcome back.  Thrawn is one of my favorites as well, and probably my favorite one from the original EU...but now he is canon. :) I always look forward to seeing Timothy Zahn at Dragon*Con.

For many events, you could sign up as a helper/handler until your costume is approved.  This is a great way to meet many of the troopers.  Checkout the MSG events section for upcoming events in Knoxville you may like.  Also, the Mos Nooga Squad section has the Chattanooga area events, and the Music City Squad has more events closer to Nashville... so if you feel like taking a road trip, these might be appealing to you as well.

Several of us started out helping as a handler at events before officially trooping them.  Not only did we make new friends along the way, but we also helped take pictures for fans, helped troopers suit up, watched out for troopers for safety and costume damage, etc.  So come out to some of the events if you want.  Some may be able to give you pointers on getting your costume ready as well. 

Welcome!  Glad you were able to make it Saturday!

It was great meeting you at the zoo! I wish you the very best of luck with your build. I live in Johnson city TN so not for from you. If you have NY questions feel free to ask. That's why we are here! 

Phil