Krista

Hi from MA! Coming to Visit Aug 5-6, 2017

Hi Mid-South!

Krista (TK1682) and Sean (TK3720) are coming to Franklin, TN on the weekend of August 5-6, 2017 for a family gathering. We wanted to see if 1) there was a troop that weekend open to visiting members and/or 2) if there's interest to get together Saturday or Sunday afternoon. (Krista's family event is Saturday evening, August 5th.) We thought we'd reach out before the summer got too busy. If this should be posted in a different section of the forum, please feel welcome to move or let me know where the proper location should be.

It would be great to say hi if anyone's inclined and available. We fly in Nashville Sat. Aug 5th early morning, and fly out Sun. Aug 6th about 8pm. Whirlwind trip!

Big hugs from afar!

Krista and Sean

Looking forward to seeing you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I live in Northern KY, but Im sure someone can meet up. I looked threw our Events sections for Nashville area and I didnt see any for this weekend. BUT I could have missed it, and also one may open up. Glad you reached out to us either way. 

Krista, we receive event request all the time, so by then, we might have something in the Franklin area.  I'm also certain we could arrange something in the Franklin or Cool Springs area for that weekend if you and Sean wanted to meet some of the locals.  There are a handful of troopers local to Franklin, TN (not to mention Nashville).  :)

• Like 1

Hey y'all!

We adjusted our lodging to Brentwood, since the Hilton there is newly renovated and seems to have a good sized area for hanging-out. (If that ends up working for folks.) I also finalized the car rental, so we'll also have a car to visit with y'all or help at a troop. :D 

I'm not sure of any family visits other than our Saturday-night reunion/party, so right now the rest of the weekend is open. Yay! -Krista

PS.... Scott, congrats on approval! I see your brand-new shiny TK ID number. woohoo!

Howdy y'all

It's sounding like Sunday Aug 6th would be easier to hang out, since some family is only coming in Saturday for the gathering that evening.

Are picnics fun? I seem to remember a park near the Parthenon. We can also hang out at the hotel atrium if that's easier (indoors/ AC). We're flexible for whatever; I think we have to be at the Nashville airport by 6pm.

Best, -Krista and Sean

There's lot of local areas in cool springs with nice patios. Downtown Franklin is also popular. I might be parent on duty that evening but I'll check.

There's lot of local areas in cool springs with nice patios. Downtown Franklin is also popular. I might be parent on duty that evening but I'll check.

Hi Scott,

Please feel welcome to recommend a favourite place. We don't know what spot might seem fun on the int0rw3bz but isn't great in-person. Since we have to be at the airport for 6pm Sunday, it sounds like we'd be getting together before the evening- if that's helpful for you.

Would love to visit with garrison members and aspiring cadets! :D (And have some real sweet tea.... Mmmm!)

-Krista and Sean

On 7/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, Krista said:

Howdy y'all

It's sounding like Sunday Aug 6th would be easier to hang out, since some family is only coming in Saturday for the gathering that evening.

Are picnics fun? I seem to remember a park near the Parthenon. We can also hang out at the hotel atrium if that's easier (indoors/ AC). We're flexible for whatever; I think we have to be at the Nashville airport by 6pm.

Best, -Krista and Sean

Picnics are fun, but it will probably be OMG hot in August. ;)

Very good point John, probably too darn hot for a picnic. Does your garrison like to get together over lunch/meals? Each garrison is different. When I visit Bast Alpha, sometimes we meet up for beignets. It's like meeting at a coffee house, so it's relaxed for people to come and go.

For brunch/lunch places in Franklin I saw 55 South had a real nice brunch menu. https://www.eat55.com/franklin But they don't take reservations, which may not be an issue if we're hanging out at the bar area. I saw that Tupelo Honey takes reservations, but not as "brunchy" https://tupelohoneycafe.com/location/franklin-tn/menus/ I'm open to other ideas, or just meeting up for post-lunch sweet tea or coffee. ( 'cause I will have sweet tea at some point in the two days I'm there. :leia: )

Would 1pm work for folks that are available Sunday Aug 6th? I want to be sensitive for those who might be observing mid-morning religious services; Sean and I are open to other suggested times.

Happy Weekend! :atat:

We do like to eat! ;) 

I'm not too familiar with restaurants in the Brentwood/Franklin area so I will let others chime in. 

Look at Grey' on main on the square, Jack & Jameson's is good BBQ, Sal's pizza is awesome, Pucketts is great and also Pucketts boathouse for seafood. That's all around square in Franklin. If you head down to cool springs there's a ton of other places.

Hey there,

Puckett's and Grey's looks good, and they both take reservations. I saw that Jack&Jameson is temporarily closed since they are moving to a new location. I'm typically not a pizza person, but would go if that what most folks would like to do.

Our needs are few: Friendly Garrison-mates, Southern Food and a little sweet tea. :atat:

Is there anything from up here in Boston that y'all would like us to bring down for ya? :D

Hi everybody,

Based on recommendation, I've made a reservation at Gray's for 1pm this Sunday August 6th. (Oh my goodness the person on the phone was so sweet and polite!) The reservation is under Krista Carmichael.

Please reply if you can join us. :leia::trooper::r2d2:

Gray's On Main, 332 Main Street, Franklin, TN 37064  Parking on Street or nearby garage. Parking is free. http://www.graysonmain.com/index

-Krista :atat:

PS) I think we may try to hit 55 South for a 10am Saturday brunch if our flight arrives on time. I didn't want to make that a formal meet-up in case our flight is delayed, and 55 South doesn't take reservations. Just in case folks were around Sat and not Sunday, I thought I'd mention it as a possibility. :atat:

Lunch at Gray's today! (Sunday) Let us know if you're able to come; I might have a bigger table than we need. :blink:

Sean's in a BobaFett shirt, :fett: and I'm in an AT-AT dress. :atat:

Best, -Krista

It was nice to meet you all --Krista, Sean, and Scott (+1).  :)  Hope you both (Krista and Sean) had a great time in Franklin.