AlwaysAtMyPost421

Interested in joining the Mid-South Garrison

I plan on getting my armor in the next 1-2 months and was wanting to look into joining this garrison since I spend a lot of time in and near Chattanooga (I live in NW Georgia 15 minutes from the TN state line). I also was hoping to get pointed in the right direction as far as my uniform is concerned. I have a place in mind, but wasn't sure of the best place to ask for advice. Thanks in advance and MTFBWY.

Welcome, there's a lot of good troopers in that area. If you need help just post. 

I'm planning on ANH Stormtrooper armor to get started. I would like to go Death Trooper (since my tall build would support it) but the kits I've came across are few and they look like they take a lot of fabrication talent to get right. My question is has anybody heard of or dealt with Shepperton Design Studio in the UK aka original stormtrooper.com? It's ran by Andrew Ainsworth, the man who designed the original Stormtrooper helmet for Lucas back in the mid 70s. They are pricy but they look well done and sell a complete strapped kit which I need since my fabrication skills are limited. I also like the fact that the suits are also a commemorative collectable since they are made and signed by the original creator. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. 

Welcome! Great group to troop with in Chattanooga. As for your question, I'd suggest you register with the FISD Stormtrooper detachment (whitearmor.net) to find your answer, if you have not already done so. Best of luck!

Welcome. 

The FISD boards www.whitearmor.net/forum is definitely the place to start. If I am not mistaken he did work on the helmet, but the armor was sculpted by Brian Muir though. If you want armor with "Legacy" I would go through RS Props which is also in the UK, and they have a Brian Muir edition which even comes with a plaque sign by Muir for the authentic replication of his suit. However, if you want a suit that is still good but is much more reasonably priced i would highly recommend ATA armor (affordable trooper armor) his kits are great and are worn by many of the members in this Garrison, myself included. I would definitely pour over the FISD boards before making any decision though.